PICKY,PICKY,PICKY!!

I think my son is the worst picky eatter ever! the only foods he will eat are breads, crackers, & yogurt. Please give me the best advise you have.

Momma_D88

Asked by Momma_D88 at 3:36 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I tried to make my kid eat her dinner once, she barfed it up. Sorry, no advice but he will grow out of it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:38 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i am sorry i cant help, my kids are big eaters, I guess try start giving him different kinds of food
    Jennifer_236

Answer by Jennifer_236 at 3:40 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Give him his favorite foods only after he's eaten a new food?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:49 PM on May. 8, 2011

• With the twins we just applied the same color food coloring and told then they were frog guts. So they would try anything green looking. Have no idea why it worked for us but it did and they are thirteen now so we occasionally do it to tease them.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 3:54 PM on May. 8, 2011

• thanks for the answers everyone :)
    Momma_D88

Comment by Momma_D88 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• STOP catering to the kid!! Kid's WILL NOT intentionally starve themselves!!! When what you offer is the ONLY food you will give him, he WILL eat what you put in front of him. Parents are the ones responsible for making a picky eater, NOT the kids.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• my kid only wanted to eat peanut butter so i made peanut butter chicken in the crockpot, not sure what you could make with crackers and yogurt, cracker coated chicken? yogurt with granola? good luck
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:58 PM on May. 8, 2011

• same here!!!!!!!!! i dk what to do!
    LAC123

Answer by LAC123 at 5:51 PM on May. 8, 2011

• VBRUNO you make it sound like we are BAD parents with PICKY EATERS! I try every damn single meal to intoduce my daughter to something new we (my husband and i) have tried it all! The poster didn't want to be bashed she is seeking ADVICE! I also refuse to let my DD go to bed hungry I am sorry you are going through this. My doctor told me its a phase!
    Anonymous

• vbruno i have tried literally every meal possible he cries himself into hysteria & i dont not want that for him. you may call it catering to them, i call it a compromise. it is just a phase, children go through it at all ages of life & we even as adults are still picky. if that is how you deal with you child and it works very well but that isnt what works with mine, thank you for the advice all the same.

Momma_D88

Comment by Momma_D88 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on May. 9, 2011