What should i do.

my four month old son has been super fussy all day which isnt normal ( he is always happy) and has had a cry like he is in pain. his head felt warm to me so i took his temp twice rectally.. and they both came out to be 100.7 and 100.9
i am a new mommy and im not sure what to do. he has been throwing up..not just spit up

mommy2be010211

Asked by mommy2be010211 at 3:50 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like he has just a touch of fever. Has he had shots recently? Any runny nose? If it were mine, I'd give a dose of tylenol & see if that helped. Hope he gets better soon!
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 3:52 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Our pedi said to call in if a rectal temp is 104 or higher, as anything less isn't a "problem." But still, you could always put in a call to the Pedi on duty to see what she suggests...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• maybe he is starting teething ?... i wouldnt give him any medicine he is too young, even for "baby medicine". If you are BF, nurse him a lot, keep him in a quiet, dark environment and have him rest a lot. Its probably just temporary. if it goes on for more than 24 hours, or the symptoms get worst, call the doc. GL momma
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 5:48 PM on May. 8, 2011

• ps: exepct for natural remedies, or homeopathic stuff
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 5:49 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My son is almost 4 months old now too, and he's been crying a lot and running a low-grade fever also. We finally figured out he was teething. I gave him a little Orajel earlier, and it seemed to help a little, but he's still kinda cranky....but he hasn't thrown up any....so it might be possible your little one might have a little stomach virus....put your knuckle in his mouth and see if he bites down, if he does, he's probably just teething, but if that's ruled out, then I'd call the doc cuz it could be something else. Always better to be safe than sorry, ya know?
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 1:19 AM on May. 9, 2011

• as the others have said he's probably teething! try giving him something to chew on!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 1:28 PM on May. 9, 2011