How would you handle this situation....am I right to be feeling left out

last night my dh was at his friends house, this friend's wife used to be my friend but she changed her mind after I confided in her about my depression. Now she blows me off, fine... but last night my dh came back home to get our 6 yr old to take back to his friends house for a bonfire. This friend and his wife and their 3 kids wanted my husband and my son over and they were all going to spend the evening around a lovely bonfire roasting marshmellows and it never occured to anybody I was being left out of the picture.

my thoughts are that my dh should have told his friend and his wife that if we all aren't invited then he just isn't going back for the fire. I just thought it was rude for my husband to be ok with the idea that he can take our son but not include me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• WOW! To start with if she really stopped being friends with you b/c of depression then- she was not a friend.. & after last night i would tell her to F-Off.. that was the Up-most Disrespect all the way around! But, the blame is all on your husband for last night b/c he should of told them there was no way he was going to pick his son up & not his wife! Men are just Jerk-Offs sometimes & act like they have No Brain! i am sorry they all hurt your feelings- i think it is time to find some New- Real Friends!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:40 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Oh HELL no, you are right to feel left out and your husband is a jerk for doing such.
    Anonymous

• You have every right to feel upset at not being included. Sorry it happened.

I would have joined the group, but that's me. If you're not the type to do that, I think it's time for a heart-to-heart with your husband to seriously evaluate his "friendship" with these people.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:08 PM on May. 8, 2011

• That's really insensetive to accuse the OP of lying. You never know what makes people tick. I've seen people stop hanging out with others for no real good reason. There doesn't have to be a big blow out for someone to have a problem with you. Geeze...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:15 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Id feel left out to. Some fair weather girl to be blowing you off for confessing to being depression! Tell the hubby that this kind of thing will NOT be tolerated ever again! If your ALL not included as a family then he CANT be their friends either!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:07 PM on May. 8, 2011

• If I really felt like I wanted to go I would have gone with them. If the hubs and child are invited so is the wife and mother. But, I would have much more enjoyed the nice quiet alone at home time...what could be better.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I would be angry at my husband, not them.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 4:08 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Talk to your husband. It's not okay for you to be left out like this. Even if these so called friends leave you out it's your husbands job to stick by you.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:13 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My husband would have asked them why I wasn't invited. We are a family. A whole package.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:14 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i think you have a right to be upset he should of stood up for you ..i used to be treated this way by my mil..until i told my dh how bad it hurt my feelings..she never invited me to any of their events but wanted my dh there..he put his foot down and well its been 8yrs since either of us have been..so i guess it was a major thing for me not to go lmao...
    Anonymous