Why is it so hard to get along with your in-laws???

Every since I got together with my husband everything was doing good then when we decided to get married it astarting to get worse then we when had our wonderful son it turn to the worse ever to get along with my in-laws!!!!! Need advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tossundacis

Asked by Tossundacis at 4:19 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I couldn't help without a few examples... a good solution would have to fit the root problem
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:23 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yeah, when I married my first husband, his family sucked. When our daughter was born they sucked royal ass. Now I'm marrying a guy who has no family and is an only child. (Not because of my ex-it just happened that way!) Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Limit your interaction with them. Be clear about your expectations when you are forced to be together. If you are still not getting what you want just quit seeing them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:31 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Is your husband's relationship with them strained, too, or only yours? If both he and you have the same issues with them, don't worry, it's life!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:36 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Ive tried everything that I could think of but no matter what I do it diesnt make them happy!!!! They told my husband that they didnt like me from the being and that he shouldnt even married me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey have already 1 time tried to take my son away from me because they hate mty guts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing I ask from them is it comes to my sion that they start talking to me too along with my husband and that they need to respect me when it comes to my son because no matter what Im still gonna be my son mother whether they like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And whether they likeit or not Im gonna to still be their son wife too!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Tossundacis

Comment by Tossundacis (original poster) at 4:39 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Does your husband stick up for you? Talk to him about it.
    It's easy for us to say just don't see them anymore, but sometimes you have no choice. Find out why they don't like you. Maybe there are things in your life you could work on? Try to make compromises
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My husband started having problems with when we gotten married and then when we had our it gotten really worse!!!!!!!!!!!! What I mean by how they tried to take my son away from me is that they called DCF on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Tossundacis

Comment by Tossundacis (original poster) at 4:46 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yes my husband sticks up for me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and my husband try talking to them but they actually sit down in a room to talk about why we dont get along if Im there!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reason why I still go over there is because my husband said if they want to see him or our son that Im going with them whether they like it or not!!!!!!!!!!!! He wont go over there without me being with him and our son too!!!!!!!!!!!! Another reason why my husband wants me to go over there is to keep an eye on our son pluse it gives him an excused to live early from my in-laws when he is ready to leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tossundacis

Comment by Tossundacis (original poster) at 4:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Holy cow....How sad! My inlaws were great! They minded their own business and we never had any critcism from them. They loved our kids---they were terrfic grandparents ---and I really miss them---they died about 15-20 years ago. EVen if I didn't agree with them I just didn't mention it. But there were no big issues to disagree with anyway.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:34 PM on May. 8, 2011

• We got along good before me and my husband decided to get married then it started to get a little worse when they found out that we were having a baby then it started to get a little more worse now since our son been here since he was born it completely gotten worse than I can ever imingine it would get!!!!!!!!!! Me and my husband just want to have a chat with my in-laws without everyone else involved when it just me, my husband and my in-laws but I know it will never happen because they already told my husband it will never happen because they really do hate my guts too!!!! It makes me sad to see my husband acting like he dont even care about his family and I know deep down in my heart that he really does care about them alot too!!!! My son starting to realize that his family on my husband side really dont like me and he is starting to asking me questions about them not likeing me at all though!!!!!!
    Tossundacis

Comment by Tossundacis (original poster) at 5:44 PM on May. 8, 2011