What to do??

I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2009 after i had my 1st child. I have had difficulty concieving since then. There is nothing going on with my overaries. I am not have regular cycles. I am wanting to have another baby soon.

Anyone have any suggestions.

My boyfriend and I do it enough but dont understand why its sooooo hard. My 1st child was an oops and i was on the pill.

jbowers2005

Asked by jbowers2005 at 4:36 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• For those who don't know, it's Polycystic ovary syndrome. If you are trying to get pregnant, the best thing for this condition is something like Climid to get the egg to mature and release. I will be getting on it soon. Are you charting?
    Anonymous

• they put me on metformin but then the OB/GYN took me off and told me i needed to lose weight. Ive lost 45 lbs since i saw that doctor back in 2010. I go Thursday to the doctor for a 2nd opinion. Its really depressing. They told me i would never have anymore babies and I dont want my daughter to be an only child.

Charting? as in how?? I keep track of my cycles but im not sure how to chart these things.

jbowers2005

Comment by jbowers2005 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Charting is the key....do a simple google search and read up on what to do. You should be charting your cycle so you know when your fertile period is. Good luck!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 4:57 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I would get back on the metformin. I was on it and actos and lost a lot of weight. I have PCOS and had 2 children without any help, one of them was an "oops." The 3rd took quite a bit to conceive. I was on metformin, actos, and an injectable fertility drug (clomid didn't work for me.)

If you have PCOS I would for sure see a fertility specialist, or at the very least an OB who is also a reproductive endocrinologist. In my experience, most regular OB's don't really get PCOS.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:57 PM on May. 8, 2011

• get married first
    Anonymous

• Well i am married technically. i am in the middle of divorce for the past 5 months! and him and i couldnt be together. he wouldnt accept the fact that i couldnt get pregnant. he said it was taking too long for me to get pregnant.

my boyfriend and i have been together for a lil while now and plan on being together. we have known each other since we were 8 years old.

so getting married right now. not an option for me! Already married to the wrong man.

I was on metformin for a while and i wasnt losing any weight. my blood work showed that my testostarone was too high.

jbowers2005

Comment by jbowers2005 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on May. 8, 2011