What does it mean when he says at the very least we will be friends.

Me and my husband haven't even been married a year yet and we just separated a week ago and haven't talked until last night for just a few minutes. I asked him if we were ever going to be able to talk and he said not now. That I just need to focus on getting my 5 year help and myself. I asked him if we were at least going to be friends for the kids and he said at the very least we will be friends. That I don't need to worry about "us" that my full attention needs to be on my son and getting help with treating his ADHD. What does that mean, "at the very least we will be friends"? Should I hold on to hope that our marriage will work out or should I just let go? I don't want to be lead on by false hope when I also know there has been another woman he has been talking too. Any advise or thoughts are appreciated. Thank you

kim0703

Asked by kim0703 at 4:41 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• It doesn't sound good to me--it does sound like he is suggesting there is a chance but I wouldn't be on it. Sorry and good luck.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like he's trying to let you down easy, I wouldn't hold onto the idea that things will work out, it sounds like he's already moved on.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 4:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• If I were to be completely honest with you, I would have to say that your son's ADHD has had a huge effect on this man. He wants you to get help for him and he wants you to get help for yourself. Now the latter can mean anything. I think it means that you need to get some help with how you deal with this child. I think your husband may be just fed up with what he sees as the child either not being disciplined properly or fed up with what he sees as your inability to deal with the issue. At the least being friends, means, just that. He intends on maintaining a friendship and if, just if, you can get your act together, he will think about more.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 4:45 PM on May. 8, 2011

• it sounds like there's alot going on. To me it just sounds like hes more concerned with the child which is totally understandable and the comments "at the very least" sounds like he still wants to be in your life and maybe things will work out GOOD LUCK MOMMY!!!!!

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:47 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Just be friends without any contact. Good luck
    kathy067j

Answer by kathy067j at 4:48 PM on May. 8, 2011

• he has already dumped you..he just is being a pussy and not telling you outright. I would bet he already has another woman
    Anonymous

• I'd ask him what he wants. If it's under a yr you can get it anulled.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:00 PM on May. 8, 2011

• He is done with the relationship that he has with you but he will be civil.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Anon up above is freaking rude!
    Anonymous

• both will be in care of the children in a friendly relashionship
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:32 PM on May. 8, 2011