Dont u get annoyed when religious freaks

Knock on your door and try to sell their religion? They don't see it as selling their religion, they see it as saving your life. I have no problem with your religion, just don't knock on my door and tell me I'm going to hell!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Next time they show up at your door, tell them, in a polite way, that you are not interested then close the door.. You don't owe them an explanation!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:22 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Strangely I don't. We only have Jehovah's Witnesses around here but I don't mind them coming to my door. It's what they believe in and I admire them for their courage
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 5:11 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I was stopped in a grocery parking lot once while I was putting up my groceries. I told them that I do admire their courage and the fact that they stand up for what they believe in, but that I belong to a church that I am in love with and very happy with, so no thank you. To be honest I'm more annoyed when people come to my door trying to get me to buy something.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 5:19 PM on May. 8, 2011

• And ashes.... how am I supposed to know who's at the door before I open it? Do you have mind reading powers that the rest of us missed out on?
    ---------
    try installing a peephole, that might help.
    gummybearmomma

Answer by gummybearmomma at 5:11 PM on May. 8, 2011

• no, because those people sacrifice their time and energie to try to share what saved THEIR life; the love of god or something,. they feel deep in their heart that they have an enormous treasure, and want to share it with everybody, even though they know that most people are gonna be rude. Even if i dont beleive in religion, I think its a nice attention from them. I would answer them " I am not intersted in any religion, but thank you for taking you time and try to share what you love with me, even though we are perfect strangers"
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 5:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I just ask them to come back after I am done doing my human sacrifice in the basement.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:21 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i dont like when people sell stuff at my door, period. let alone throw their religious beliefs at me. i have more important stuff to do, and i usually don't answer my door if i'm not expecting anyone simply for this reason.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:30 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Have a better day OP :)
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 5:34 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yup, it does bother me, apparently I'm going to hell because I'm a single mom, I have tattoos, I drink on occasion, I smoke at work, I'm a bartender and I sell sex toys. My response is always the same "Well i'll see you there for being so judgmental"
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 5:05 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yep and we get THREE different types! Jehova's Witnesses, Latter Day Saints, and some spanish people who have the audacity to question me again when I tell them I am not Spanish, and no one in my home speaks Spanish.
    And ashes.... how am I supposed to know who's at the door before I open it? Do you have mind reading powers that the rest of us missed out on?
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 5:07 PM on May. 8, 2011