how can u make a child with and earache more comfortable?

it is only 6:30 am here...and last night my daughter (4 yrs) woke with a really bad earache and a fever....i am going to take her to the doctor but they dont open till 8....and that is a little while away...is there anything i could do to help her be more comfortable in the mean time?

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 7:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try a warm compress and Tylenol.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• The best thing for ear aches and infections is to put 1-3 drops of "sweet oil" in their ears. It is extra virgin olive oil and immediately numbs the pain and begins to heal their ears. It worked wonders for my 3 dds. I used it twice a day during the ear ache and now once or twice a month. Haven't had any infections for almost 4 yrs.....One of my kids had it so bad that both her eardrums burst and bled. The doctor wanted to put tubes in her ears and I tried this first. Now they can't find any scarring or problems with her ears!!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• there is an old home thing you can do i'll warn you it's gross but it works i swear it will make the ear ache GO AWAY... have your daughter pee in a cup get a little thing you can suck it up in put a little it in her ear the next day she will not hurt..also warm up a little olive oil and you can do the same thing but it won't make it go away...plus pee is the right temp to go right into your ear....GROSS BUT IT WORKS!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well...her doctor just called back...finally...and she has an appointment 2 hours from now..i hope she doesn't have a full blown ear infection..poor baby i feel so bad for her..i always wish i could be sick for my kids...instead of them being sick them selves..but on the bright side...no school today and i was off work ne ways..i get a whole day with my baby girl...i always love that...she isnt acting like she feels too very bad...she just says her ear hurts...thank you for your advice and comments...it is always nice to hear what other mothers would do.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2008