What are you old fashioned about?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 5:29 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband had to ask my dad about marrying me.
    I teach my children to say please and thank you and ask even if the answer is more than likely a yes. Shows that we always should be thankful and never feel entitled for what we have.
    Work hard for what you want/need and be charitable towards others.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 5:33 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I believe in not having sex until you find the man you want to marry and you are committed to each other. Then I believe in always being faithful. And I believe that kids must have manners and be able to converse with anyone---adults and people they meet. Old fashioned manners and morals.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:37 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i believe in monogamy. no cheating or open relationships for me.
    having kids in wedlock.// preferably one man fathers' all the kids.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Respect
    Common Sense
    Faithfulness
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I suppose I am a little old fashioned all the way around! I believe in waiting to have sex, not marrying until you have the maturity level to know it is the "one", not having children until you can comfortably afford to provide for their basic needs...I believe in church and a big dinner on Sunday's...a man opening the door and pulling out a chair for me..I like to be called Mrs. .... by my children's friends...please and thank you...dinner at the table together....see I am basically and old fashioned girl.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:16 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I don't know if these things are particularly old fashioned, but I believe in monogamy, honesty, integrity, respect, good manners (it's very important to me that my son learns to say please, thank you, you're welcome, excuse me, etc.), big family dinners and just generally spending time with family, charity, and helping your neighbors.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 6:50 PM on May. 8, 2011

• That you should wait until you are married. Then, it isn't just sex. You should treat your spouse as a your partner and not your child. That honesty, above all else, is the surest way to get along with everyone. Humility keeps us from being arrogant. As parents, we are ultimately responsible for how our children turn out. It may take a few swats on the rear to ensure they become the best adults we can present the world. Lastly, saying 'I'm sorry', though sometimes hard, is the best way to mend and heal.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:22 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I'm old fashioned in the way I raised my boys. Morals, honesty, serving your country whether it be Military or volunteering in your community. Respect to ALL, regardless of ethinticity, low class/high class. Work hard to earn priviledges and material things. I love anything old fashion!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:18 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Raising children .

Use of proper language and courteous behaviour

Decent appearance, especially in public .

That is about it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:23 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Okay---everyone else said the same thing I did....but I GOT A DOWN VOTE? That doesn't make sense at all!
    WTH?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:56 PM on May. 8, 2011