My 9 month old is always chewing on his crib. ???

He has a Nice wooden crib and when he stands he chews on it. He chewed on it so much I had to put packing tape over it to prevent him eating the wood he chips off- not to mention his messing up the cribs appearance.

Is this normal b/c he's teething?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did the same thing. I found a product to help. It is like the edging to go around a fireplace, but it is specifically made for crib rails. I cannot remember the name but I got it at Babies R Us.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 8:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes. They sell teething rails you can put on the crib b/c it is so common.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My DD did the same thing and I was ticked because I had planned on donating her crib to the church to give to a needy family when we were done with it. It was a beautiful crib... The teething rails did not fit on our crib, so I took a long piece of fabric and wrapped it all the way around. That helped until she got out of that phase, but the damage is already done.
    icook

Answer by icook at 9:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• He is def teething my son does that still when he starts getting another tooth so then i use the baby origel, it works good you can also use tylenol ..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 10:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• About how much are the teething rails? and Babies R us, I live in that store and I've never seen it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008