I feel aweful that my husband bought me a new wedding band...how would you feel?

My original one was a cheap ring that i bough for only $100. I never really liked it, but we were broke...it it worked in a pinch for our wedding day. We're still broke...DH has one credit card that we save for emergencies, it only goes up to $1000. We're struggling to pay our bills....yet...for some reason he felt the need to go & buy me an $800 wedding band. I know some of you probably have wedding bands worth much more, but this is A LOT of money for us & i don't feel like i need it. I am not a superficial person, i don't need fancy bling to be happy. It's too late to bring it back, he would have had to bring it back in 7 days...and he waited after those 7 days to give it to me.

I can't stop crying about it, but i don't want him to think i don't like it or don't appreciate it...i do.....but i just think it was a stupid thing to spend on! We need that money for real things.....not a diamond wedding band!

I feel awful....i keep thinking of all the things we really need that we could have spent it on....

How would you feel if you were me? Yes...the ring is gorgeous! I just feel so bad...i haven't even thought of what to get him for our anniversary....this was an early anniversary gift.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Bless your heart!! At least you know that your hubby loves you SOOOO much!! I understand why you are upset though. And for the part about not acting excited enough you can fix that. Let him caught you calling your sister or Mom or friend to brag about your awesome hubby! :) Hugs!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Try to concentrate on how much your husband loves you and felt bad about the original "cheap" ring and wanted to give you one that you deserved. He loves you!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:50 PM on May. 8, 2011

• well .... we all make AWFUL financial decisions every so often in life. Did you open up to him and explain "I love it it's so amazing but WOW it would have bought a lot of gas and groceries....." ?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:51 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I think he just wanted you to have something you could be proud of. He was trying to do something really great for you, and he won't get it if you try to explain it. He'll just think you hate it. Be happy with your new ring, and don't worry about the bills. He could've saved for that... He thinks you deserve it, and so should you. :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 5:52 PM on May. 8, 2011

• What's done is done so you may as well enjoy it. Show him how much you love it and him but warn him don't do it again!!
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 5:52 PM on May. 8, 2011

• wow thats a tough situation..im sorry you guys are having it rough..i dont see a solution for the ring other than keeping it..maybe you should talk to him tell him you love the ring but wish you two could of played a more low key anniversary gift this year considering your financial issues..i hope it all works out for the best
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Just wear it proudly he obviously wanted to get it or he would have not thought about it. Take it as a sign of things are going to get better. You guys can have that paid off in 8 months or more or less don't even worry about it. There will always be bills so enjoy your gift from your loving husband....aaawwww....that was so sweet of him....(sniff) Enjoy!
    And as far as a gift for him do whatever it is he likes in the bedroom :) no gift on earth will top action in the bedroom.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:57 PM on May. 8, 2011

• just received his gift and take care
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:27 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Best thing you can do at this point is get over it. What good will stressing over it do? None. It's too late. It's yours. He got it for you as a gift. Let it go and enjoy your gift. It will be okay.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 4:45 PM on May. 9, 2011

• thanks ladies, you did help....i didn't realize how much it cost. I honestly thought it couldn't be over $300....i am wicked ignorant when it comes to cost of jewelry, i just assumed he wouldn't go over that amount. When i checked the credit card bill....i just started balling. I also feel like i didn't seem "excited" enough when he gave it to me. i guess i was in shock....i wish i could have hit the rewind button & at least screamed with excitement or jumped up & down....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:05 PM on May. 8, 2011