How can we as moms get it across to these so called clothing designs to make approved clothing for a young lady.

The clothing I see are low cut and show skin for boys and men. These girls are 11 and 14 not a 24 yr old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• By not buying it and not allowing your daughters to wear it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I completely agree. I saw a tasselled bikini yesterday which was made for a 12 year old, LITERALLY looked like a stripper outfit. Absolutely TINY.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 5:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I agree, even clothes for younger girls, mine are 11 and 8 and the shorts are sooo short, it is ridiculous. I don't think it is OK to allow the kids to wear these tiny shorts at a young age, and then expect them not to wear the stuff when they are teenagers, also it depends on how the momma dresses, if she wears skimpy clothes then what do you think her children who look up to her are going to wear..... Clothes these days are to revealing

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:55 PM on May. 8, 2011

• there are alot of these clothes not appropriate for a 24yr old either! my sd 14 wants to wear those shorts with the whole rear showing and low shirts..but its a rule in our house if the school doesnt approve then neither do i...i always ask her when she points them out in stores "if she has something for sale'? she usually just grins now and says no but alot of girls she knows does..and we just laugh it off..it would make things alot easier if they were more appropriate
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:56 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I know and what is more funny is me being a step mom is being told from the real mom it is ok for her daughter to dress like that??? To say a little her mom hasnt been her life for 5 years and would rather party and drink! I have three girls and never let them dress like that but get told something from a lady who dont know nothing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I usually buy board shorts...
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 6:03 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Don't buy it and teach your daughters to dress modestly and with self respect.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:04 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Indeed, the first responder is right on the money. Use your power as a consumer to send a message by not buying the products. That is all you can do. Money is what talks. And let others who are comfortable letting their children dress that way do so. That's the beauty of freedom.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 6:04 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Don't buy it! Write the companies. Hit up charity shops and thrift stores for clothes that are older but modest.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 6:10 PM on May. 8, 2011

• try other styles
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:59 PM on May. 8, 2011