I need to lose about 90 lbs, how?

Any suggestions are deeply appreciated! I have 4 kids, am new in town, have no friends or family here, my DF is a truck driver and is gone almost all of the time. That means I can't go to the gym or go running. I am thinking about the p90x workout program to do at home. Anybody else lost much weight???

SonyaNaomi

Asked by SonyaNaomi at 6:10 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm working toward losing about 110 lbs (maybe more- we'll see when I've lost 110!), and I'm about 62 lbs down so far. A lot of my success has come from eating clean.  I do also run, but I hear nothing but good things about P90X.  Insanity is another popular one.  I like Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred.  Figure out what works for you- take the kids to the park, and run relays, race each other, ride bikes together (get a bike trailer or seat for little ones).  Kids love games- get hula hoops, play basketball, anything fun that gets your heart rate up counts!  The weather is in your favor now, so work with it!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:35 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I'm not trying to be rude or insensitive, but if you're 90 lbs overweight, P90X may be a little too aggressive for you right off the bat. I'd take beachybabe's advice- start slow and add activity back into your life. If you try p90x & it's too overwhelming for you, it's more likely that you'll get discouraged, throw your hands up, & end up right back where you're at. Start making sensible food choices & get outside. Walking 30 minutes a day will give you a sound aerobic base for you to build on.

Good luck!
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 6:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• In combo with p90x, you could try Atkins. You can get most of the info free on their website! (I really don't know how much could be in the book that isn't on that site, but that's what I've been told...)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 6:13 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I need to lose about 90 lbs too, and I HATE exercising, but I recently started to just move more than I usually do. I'll play music and randomly dance, I'll clean extra, I go to the park with my boys every day!

So far, I feel better in general, but lets see where this goes.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 6:14 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I am over 90 pounds overweight and can outwalk many, many people. I can bust my ass for miles and not break a sweat so u know how much u can do and how far u can push yourself.
    Anonymous

• walks with the kids! lol play outside in the yard with the kids...running and jumping. You could also get an exercise dvd and make it a group activity! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 6:11 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Go swimming 3 days a week for a couple hours at a time, that should help. Also get outside with the kids, play, walk, do yard work. My Hubby's drives a truck for a living, and is gone 4-6 weeks at a time, and I keep very busy. Right now just getting the pool ready has wore me out! I also walk on the track at school while our boys are at baseball practice. You just have to find ways to keep yourself busy..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:15 PM on May. 8, 2011

• You just have to get out their and do something.
    If you want it bad enough you can do it.
    Drink lots of water,buy a big glass jar and fill it with fruity goodness,it makes the water taste wonderful.
    Don't get into the hype of diet pills save yourself the money and buy cute clothes for yourself when you lose a few pounds!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Food really is 80% of the battle. Here's another link for you that might help! Good luck!!!

musicpisces