In need of help

I'm having problems potty training my 3 year old. Been trying since she turned 3. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son potty trained on his own! we always let him see us going potty. and in the summer we left him go during the day with no diaper. he just did it all by himself.

good luck and happy pottying!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 6:13 PM on May. 8, 2011

• begin to take her to the potty every 15 min. This is what i started doing a month and a half ago with my 2 year old son and he is just about potty trained. Once you see she isn't need to go potty every 15 min move time up by 5 or 10 min. And just be consistent and ready for accidents :) Good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• shoulda done it much sooner, but keep tryin!
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 6:20 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I had been trying to potty-train my DD since before she was 3. In the end, it frustrated both of us more than if I just lightened up and had not been so stressed about what age she needed to be trained by. She's going to learn in her own time. I stopped all efforts for a 2 weeks as it was becoming a war (She was 39 months), exactly as our pediatrician had warned me about. Then, I went to a store and bought her her favorite character underwear and it was like the missing key in our potty-training obstacle (thanks to the advice from other Cafe Moms!). Within 3 days, that little girl was perfectly potty-trained. It was amazing. Good luck!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:37 PM on May. 8, 2011