Do you think this is typical of the way men think?

My mom and DH and I were watching "Away We Go", the part where they're in the train and she's feeling ugly and he's telling her it doesn't matter how fat she gets, he'll love her no matter what. I'm thinking, "I wish my husband would say those kinds of things to me when I feel fat and ugly!" And just then DH says to the movie, "Man! You're just making it worse!"

Woah! Where is his brain? No wonder we have problems!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband tells me all the time that he thinks I'm beautiful. I thought most guys did that? (even if it was just to get in a girls pants!) :)

Answer by missanc at 7:04 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Idk cuz my man would not do that. I am not skinny by any means and he tells me how beautiful and sexy I am.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:19 PM on May. 8, 2011

• this IS just the way men are and sometimes they are jerks. lol
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 6:15 PM on May. 8, 2011

• One day tell him he's ugly and see how he feels about it lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 6:16 PM on May. 8, 2011

• not all men think the same but generally they do. i think men are very visual, another thing is they are more simple than women/ i think they are less analytical.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:18 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Mens are sometimes insecure
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:25 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Typical stupid man comment,probably wasn't even thinking about you.
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 7:55 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I can promise you he was not thinking about you. Most men get so into shows that they forget where they are. He probably just saw the situation and thought the actor was making it worse in the movie. If you want him to say stuff like that tell him. Guys don't always think to say nice stuff doesn't mean they don' think it. You just gotta tell him what you wanna hear sometimes...lol...sounds ridiculous I know...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 9:01 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Not rediculous at all, ramita, I totally agree. I'm super communicative with him, but he just forgets. He doesn't really like to be told, he wants it to be "natural", but unfortunately, he's naturally NOT very expressive. :( And if I tell him too much, then when he does do/say the things I like, it's not very convincing, if you know what I mean.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Because men are visual and appreciate it when their women make efforts to look good for them.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:43 PM on May. 8, 2011