Sunburn relief

What are some natural remedies besides aloe that could be used to relieve sunburn /

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 6:28 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Kids' Health

• http://tipnut.com/sunburn-relief-home-remedies-over-50-soothing-treatments/
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 6:29 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Aloe vera gel is the best thing I know of for sunburn. You can buy it at health food stores or you can break a blade off the actual plant and rub it right on the burn. It's very soothing.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:29 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Noxema tho its not really "natural".
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:30 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Aloe vera -my mom used to have a plant in the house and we used it for a ton of stuff
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 6:30 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Vinegar works wonders. You can soak in a bath with two cups of white vinegar. If the sunburn is where the bath water won't reach, you can put it on a cotton ball and rub it on the burn. It stinks for a few minutes, but the smell dissipates quickly. Make sure not to get it too close to the eyes. Take it from a redhead... vinegar works.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:31 PM on May. 8, 2011

• mothers apple cider vinegar bath works so freaking wonderfully!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:32 PM on May. 8, 2011

• aloe vera will draw the burn out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:39 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I agree with sleepingbeautee.....vinegar works wonders!!!!!!! You will stink but will feel so much better! My grandma used to just soak a washcloth and dap on the vinegar.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:39 PM on May. 8, 2011

• COCONUT OIL!!!!!!!! AMAZING!, i lived in Hawaii and learned that lil trick and omg! will be my go to i had a horrible sun burn and my freind came over and i put some on next day i was like nutting happend! so i love it! u can find it ne where just ask for it, and it smells delish!
    ohanalove25

Answer by ohanalove25 at 6:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Aloe. If you have an aloe plant, open up one of the 'leaves' and spread it onto the sunburn.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:52 PM on May. 8, 2011