What should I do about this? adult content

I have a dear friend who is now in a rehab type nursing home. I called her today, because it was Mother's Day. She is very unhappy about the place and I would be too. She said the nurse had her put on a used adult diaper, the nurse said it was only urine, so wear it again. My friend could not get a nurse or aide to come in and turn off the light over her bed, so she was awake all night. Is there a State Agency that covers this type of thing? If not, I am going to be the biggest pest to this Administrator I can be. If I have to buy her diapers, so be it, if I have to drive all day to turn her light off, okay. But at the cost she (my friend) is paying, this is basic stuff. GRRRRR..

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 7:18 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Health

• She needs to start with the nurse manager... then call whoever over sees teh whole facility... scream, long and loud untilsomething is done!! If you can help her please do!! Have her call the JCHO - I know that who we dealt with when I worked thru a hospital. IF they can't help they can direct you I would think!!  http://www.jointcommission.org/

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:43 PM on May. 8, 2011

• There is a board that you can contact. I'm not sure what state you live in so the agency names might be different from state to state. I can't believe your poor friend is being treated that way! How horrible. She's so lucky to have a friend like you :-)
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:24 PM on May. 8, 2011

• The nurse has to be fired. Coworkers need to know that negligence is not accepted in the work place.
    Anonymous

• I'd definitely be getting in touch with whoever is in charge at that place. That's terrible!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:33 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I would first go to the Supv. Then if things arent changed, go higher. You are such a good friend & person Joey. We need more ppl like you in this world. Diane
    Naturewoman4

Answer by Naturewoman4 at 9:20 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I called and got some great information.. I spoke with the director of the facility AND the director of nursing care. They are outraged that that kind of behaviour is going on in their facility. I spoke to the nursing director and I made it clear that if my friend needs anything at all, call me and I will get it. The LPN with the used diaper has been fired and the aide who would not turn out her light, is also gone. I am going to watch these people like a hawk. They know my friend does not have any nearby family, so I have stepped up to that roll. I sent her flowers. As soon as this sinus infection goes away, I will visit with her, daily. It is not too far out of my way, and gas is just gas. Thanks for the support. This is the sweetest person G-d put on this Earth, she deserves all she desires.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 2:59 AM on May. 10, 2011