Did you stop having sex toward the end?

I know this is a little personal, but did you keep having sex through your entire pregnancy or did you stop toward the end when you were really big? My doctor says its fine to keep having sex if I want to and I'm 8 months pregnant. At this point, I'm still having sex in hope of inducing labor...but to be honest it is such a hassle, its uncomfortable, and to be blunt, there is no way I'm getting off...it just doesn't feel good anymore.

So am I alone? Did you guys still WANT to? (And please don't get me wrong, its not like I'm being forced or anything...lol) Did it still feel good? If you stopped, at what point did you stop? How did your husband/BF/SO feel about it? Did he still want it or was he getting weirded out by the whole fiasco toward the end?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When it came to sex to induce labor, it was with the same mood and enthusiasm of when we were trying to get pregnant. More of a mission than a fun time. It's so awkward, and you're uncomfortable and achy. It's certainly understandable that you aren't feeling real up to it! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I wanted it all the time when preg w my first, but the other 3 I could have cared less. I also had much heavier discharge and fought yeast infections w the last two and it was a bit of a turn off for us both. I think you're normal but trying different positions doesn't hurt either. =)
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Oops! This was supposed to be in pregnancy! lol...must have hit the wrong section...wouldn't make much sense to stop having sex while TTC! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I feel bad because my SO knows it doesn't feel good to me anymore and that I'm only wanting it to induce labor...I think he feels guilty about even having sex with me and he'll kill himself trying to make it enjoyable for me when all I'm thinking is "just get this horrible circus act over with!!"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I honestly cannot relate. I wanted it throughout both of my pregnancies and I was huge. We had had sex the day that I went into labor with both. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to for a few weeks after and I wanted it so I did what I had to to make it comfortable. Try other positions. That helped me.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 9:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree try other positions use toys if your having sex to induce labor orgasam increases that dramaticly cause the semen will come in contact with your cervix and will soften it that much more!! so try to have an orgasam even orally and then try a comforatable position maybe him behind you or lay on the edge of the bed while he is standing!! GL
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Lol, me and hubby actually talked about this last night! I lost all sex drive through my first 2 trimesters. But now, it seems like I'm never satisfied...and he's not particularly interested anymore!!! Ugh! It's like the day my drive turned back on, his automatically shut down. We used to have sex every day or every 3 days at the least, and now we will probably go a week sometimes bc of him. Last night I FINALLY talked him into it and he...um... "lost" it, so needless to say I didn't get off.... Then when we were talking bout it, he said because I'd been having so many contractions lately, he's scared to, because he's afraid he'll send me into labor or make my water break...Lol...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I AM 33 WEEKS AND STILL GOING STRONG!
    I LOVE SEX. AND HE LOVES ME BEING PREGNANT SO WE STILL DO IT DAILY. ITS NOT UNCOMFORTABLE YET UNLESS WE TRY MISSIONARY. BUT I PLAN ON DOING IT TIL I GO INTO LABOR SINCE I WONT GET IT FOR A FEW WEEKS AFTER. WE FOUND A GREAT POSITION THAT WORKS GREAT AND I LOVE IT.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm 27 weeks and we only do it once a week! I have almost no sex drive and my DH is working 10-12 hrs. a day, so he's also exhausted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I had sex as much as we could to try and induce my labor after i hit 38 weeks but it didnt work
    Anonymous