My husband's ex wife sent us an invitation to their son's wedding rehearsal dinner. I am helping pay for this dinner and also I am close to my step-son. My name was not included in the invitation, but said it was being given with love and named her first and last name and my husband's name. She still retains her married name. It was as if I was not a part of this wonderful celebration. Am I overreacting?

roxie1952

Asked by roxie1952 at 7:48 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, I think it should only have the parents names on the invitations unless the child requests the step parent be included if they are close.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:50 PM on May. 8, 2011

• no , you should be included-- for your step son
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:51 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yes... Although I understand where you are coming from, you are not his mother... That's just the way those things kinda go... you need to just shrug it off, and be there for the step-son who is whats important right now, not a name on an invitation :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:52 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I think you should be included as well.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I think I would have liked to have been included, but anyone that knows the family should know that your husband includes you. I would just let it go to keep peace. You dont want to start an issue with your step sons wedding.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:54 PM on May. 8, 2011

• This lady did it just to annoy you, Hun. The question that popped into my head is - why would his father be getting invite ? My parents are auto invited & already know all the details. Him getting an "invite" is like the mother sending herself one unless your husband isn't really involved in his son's life, but you said you are close to him. She did it to piss you off, Girl. Just ignore her & move on. She obviously feelings threatened by you to a certain extent, so she needs to make you aware of the fact that "she's the mother" and "only the mother" I say laugh it off. She has issues.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 8:00 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Most that I have seen only have the parents' names.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:04 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i agree, that it should only be the birth parents.

I don't think she did it specifically to annoy you. When my DD gets married, i won't be putting her step mothers name as a host on the invitation & it would not be specifically to annoy her, it would be because we are her parents & the only two people who brought her into this world.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:06 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I have seen wedding invitations both ways... with just the parents listed and also with the parent/step parents listed. I think it just depends on how the bride and groom want to word it......
    My parents are divorced (although neither remarried) and hubs parents were divorced, mom remarried. We put my parents and hubs mom and step-dad on our invitations. (his dad passed on before we met and had not been in my hubs life so his name was not listed).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:10 PM on May. 8, 2011

• The ones I have seen put parents names.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:14 PM on May. 8, 2011