What cut would work on him?

He turned 2 last month and the idea of cutting his hair was always an idea, but no one wanted to chop off his cute curls no matter how many people questioned his gender.  Well, now he can KIND OF sit still so we're thinking of cutting it.  Just don't know what to do.

We know we don't want to buzz it or do a bowl cut...but what other styles are out there for this little one.

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 7:59 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I would keep it the way it is... just shorter. My son got his first haircut today and thats what I told the sylist and she did a fine job.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:01 PM on May. 8, 2011

• So...if I said, "just a trim" they could keep the curls in tact? I'd just have to watch what I say...most of the stylists don't speak a lot of English so it could be a hit or miss with this one.
    Imortlmommy

Comment by Imortlmommy (original poster) at 8:08 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I would imagine so... my exact words would be " I want it the way it naturally is, just shorter" they may not take enough off the first shot, but you can always ask them to take more off if you want. I would go out of my way to try to get someone who understands you though.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:11 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Just explain you want to keep the curls, just tidy him up a bit. What a cutey!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Cool thanks. LOL, I've never had to deal with this with my first son. His hair was so straight that it was easier to style. This one with a mess of curls that I had no idea what to do with lol. Thanks again.
    Imortlmommy

Comment by Imortlmommy (original poster) at 9:20 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I agree with Finkette. My DS has very similar blonde curls and it was painful to cut the first time. They were so lovely. He could have been the Biolage Baby! :) I am lucky enough to be able to cut hair--though I do not do it professionally--and I just did an overall trim to maintain the curl.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:52 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Go Bieber on him ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I just went short and kept the curls. Kinda looks like a hobbit now.
    Imortlmommy

Comment by Imortlmommy (original poster) at 7:17 PM on May. 10, 2011