how much should i charge to clean houses?

i've been thinking of starting a little bussiness of house cleaning do you pay someone to clean your house? and how much is the going rate for a 2 story house?thank-you for your input.....

kim168

Asked by kim168 at 8:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• My dad has a lady come in to clean every other week. I think he pays $35, but he is actually a really clean person and lives by himself so she is basically sweeping, mopping, and cleaning the bathrooms. I would set up "packages" with what they want done...a basic package like what my dad has, but then maybe you could offer "add ons" for more services.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Not sure really. I think it depends on what they actually want you to clean or if you use your own products too. Maybe google some cleaning service and see what they charge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My MIL has her house cleaned and the lady charges her $10.00 an hour. That is her cleaning lady's rate no matter what size your house is.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I WOULD CHARGE $ 12.00 OR LOOK IN YOUR LOCL NEWSPAPER IN THE WORK WANTED ADDS AND SEE WHAT THE OTHER PEOPLE ARE CHARGING !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• My mom has had a cleaning company for 12+ years. She charges by room. I think it is like $8 a room.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2008