Who has the best guacamole?

I recently tried Wholly Guacamole! Delish!!!!

Ttcbabyclegg

Asked by Ttcbabyclegg at 8:46 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Bobby Flay's recipe is the best, we make it every time now! Avacado (obviously), red onion, lime juice, cilantro and jalepeno. It's the BEST!!!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:49 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Tasty
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 8:51 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I make my own! 4 Avocados, 1-2 limes juiced, 1/2 tsp each: salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, 1 tbsp. cilantro, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 a red onion, 2 roma tomatoes. Toss avocados in lime juice, then reserve excess lime juice in separate bowl. Add salt, cayenne, and cumin and mash. Fold in cilantro, garlic, onions, and tomatoes, then mix in the reserved lime juice. I have no clue what it is about removing the excess lime juice only to mix it in later that makes a difference, but it does. DH added the lime juice, then mashed without reserving the excess once, and it completely changed the taste. Also, it tastes better if you give it an hour or two to sit and let the flavors make friends before you serve it. You can add jalapenos, if you want, but I find the spices give it enough bite and flavor on their own, so I don't fuss with the whole de-seeding and chopping of the jalapeno.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:26 PM on May. 8, 2011

• The pre-made kind from Costco is nice, too...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:45 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I have the best recipe!! Everyone loves my guacamole so much they ask for me to bring it to everything. It's similar to eviesmommy but not it's missing a few things and I don't add a few things. Yummy! I'm gonna start making it at least once a week now that summer is coming along!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 2:57 AM on May. 9, 2011

• DITTO!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:14 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Bobby Flay makes it the Tex-Mex way, the way I was taught to make it from early childhood(tiny chopped tomato added). I love it. I still make it this way, but I love avocados in general, I put them on everything
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 12:40 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Oh, all the others sound so good. I'm lazy. When I make it, I simply mix chopped avocado with salsa but I know is isn't real guacamole.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:49 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I mash an avocado, mix with Target organic cilanto salsa, and add a bit of plain greek yogurt

Answer by rkoloms at 11:08 PM on May. 10, 2011