Happy Mothers Day.... so how did it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How was your mothers day? What did you do today?

My day started out early. After waking up I walked to the gas station for coffee (down the street) while on the way bumped into my dad & neice on their way home from store so therefore I aquired a child on this route. Neice accompanied me to store then came back to my house (we are all neighbors lol). Neice played with my daughter while I cleaned kitchen (it needed it bad!).

After this took neice & daughter over to sisters house to see what other kids were up to. Kids played for a while then we pulled out the fun toys FOURWHEELERS! Off we went big kids & small kids all playing on their machines! I LOVE riding the machines & so dosent everyone else here (to give you an idea we have electric ones for the little kids to drive then small gas ones for the bigger kids then full sized ones for the adults & more older kids! got like 10 machines in all!).

Put machines away & hung out for a bit. Grabbed chinese for lunch then headed out to MIL for afternoon. Helped her plant her garden, hung out & had dinner there. Finally came home & here we are all relaxing =)

It was a good active full day which are my fave ones but always leave me exhausted! Going to relax online, pick up house a bit more, write out shopping list for tomorrow & maybe snack on leftover chinese food! Hope your day was as good as ours was!

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 8:53 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• Spent the whole day with my mom and my boys. Didn't get a card, a flower or a tangible gift and you know what? It doesn't matter a single bit because I had the best gift of all today the love of my family. (My boys are 24, 19 and 14). I was truly blessed today!
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:58 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I had a great day, thanks for asking! I don't really like the holiday, too commercial, but I felt loved and appreciated so it was wonderful!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:05 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Can I come over to your house? I would love to quad all day! We plan to get a couple this summer, one for the adults and a smaller one for the kids. Cant wait!!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• minimo - sure you can come over any time lol I love the machines they are seriously the best, I've always grown up with them & we live in an area that is huge with these going up & down roadways & kids driving them to school instead of vehicles! I hope you get some for this summer bc they are worth it & those electric ones are great for the small kids! The little kids of course have to ride & be held wearing helmets on the big ones with adults but they love the big ones lol my daughter being the yougest at 3 1/2 & rode for an hour today! Tomorrow she is picking up a good heavy duty full on helmet so she dosent have to wear a bike helmet now that she is into them we will start to take the trails & go up the roads & she needs the more proper headgear =) I'm excited to pick one out with her tomorrow!
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Just got home from a day in Astoria, Or. Husband took me there for the Farmers Market, bought me a bouquet of flowers from our boys, (oldest son is in the military & youngest had to work). Went to lunch. Drove the 2hr drive home with a smile, sure miss my boys though :(
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:27 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I had a fantastic day! My 24, 23 and 20yo sons who don't live at home (2 are in other states) all called me at midnight (2 it was midnight their time which was 1 and 3 my time and the other just lives 20 miles away so he called me at midnight my time) and my 19yo came home from his gf's prom bearing a white roose and a hige Elmo balloon :-) Then this morning I woke to a dozen roses from hubby and breakfast made for me, my 19yo gave me 2 cards (1 from him and 1 from himself and his 3 older brothers....he called them all to ask them what to write and he wrote it and signed their names) & then my 24yo showed up and gave me a card (all 3 cards made me cry). Then hubby and I and our 19 and 24yo sons went to see Thor and then we went out to eat. It was a fantastic day though I did miss my 20 and 23yo's....this was their 1st and 4th Mother's Days away from me & was my 1st with my 24yo since 2005 as he was in the Army until 9/10.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 9:29 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Wonderful .......my daughters prepared afternoon tea in the English style wth strawberrries and real cream , scones, various sandwiches and ' English ' trifle. The trifle was a bit odd as it was more like a black forest trifle but was still scrumptous! Nice presents - including a Fulton umbrella which I imagine my husband paid for as they are not cheap , more than my girls can afford !

janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Didn't do much just stayed at home DS is sick, so the two of us couldn't really go anywhere. We just watched TV, played some games, finger painted, played with some playdoh, and cuddled. It was nice, except for my poor baby being under the weather. Happy Mother's Day!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:07 AM on May. 9, 2011

• my day was terrible had to do everything myself just like any other day. glad some people had a great day---same old same old--doing laundry cooking cleaning making breakfast lunch and dinner for everyone else doing dishes husband sitting on his a$$ on the couch all day watching TV
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:44 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Loved it - puttered around in the garden.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:47 PM on May. 13, 2011