Do you feel that you husband is emotionally unavailable, sometimes? If so what has he done to make you feel this way?

My husband is great otherwise. He just sometimes seems to ignore that I am a human and his wife. Is is that he feels that he is doing enough financially, that all my needs should be met? I don't know. I guess its the fact that I have to initiate when we go out or when we have sex or when we just hang out. On the other hand, he can always call up his friends to go and hang out. I just wish he would extend the same courtesy to me. He will also bring up the idea of going out if one of his friend's has invited us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Omg are we with the same man!!!!!!!!!!! He can set and watch me cry like its no big deal he just doesnt get it.... or if we have sex, or go out I usually am the reason y!!! its hard I know how you feel its like being with a robot!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I've found that when a man becomes emotionally unavailable  it usually means he's having an emotion affair with someone he works with or See's on a daily  occurrence, Just sit down with your husband and talk to him let him know how your feeling and ask him to share his feelings & thoughts as well on your relationship. GL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• my husband is the same way i always ask to do something take our daughter to the park go to a movie but he never wants to but in the same day i ask one of his friends will call and be like hey man you want to go see a movie or go play football in the park and he is all for it. i dont understand them sometimes
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I am the one emotionally unavailable in my relationship.But it is because for years I have been at the bottom of the list of importance to him.He will jump at the chance to do for other people.But if I need anything I get bitched out, or put off until I do it.We have a kid, so that is why we are still together I suppose.I got tired of my feelings being hurt by him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• OH yes! I think I can relate to the other anonymous. My husband has hurt me many times and I am the only one he does not feel bad for hurting. The bad thing is he will keep doing these things. But when it comes down to anyone else he will feel bad for the tiniest things like if his mom ask him to come over he acts like it will break her heart if he says no. He feels no emotion when it comes down to me and he abuses the word "sorry" like you wouldn't believe. I've asked him why I get treated worse and he admits that he does do that but all he says is "I don't know." He won't so anything for me and because he didn't make an effort to quit doing hurtful things it's caused me to be a very angry, depressed person. I live right here on the computer and avoid him. We just can't be around eachother like we use to. I miss my old self and I miss the man I thought was different.
    Anonymous

• I don't have a husband but my boyfriend/babies father does the same thing!!!!!! We never go out and do anything, no dates, no dinner, or anything outside of the home. He works from 7 in the morning til 3:30 in the afternoon and claims he is always to tired to do anything. I get up at 4:30 in the morning, get the 3 of us up and going, go to work all day ( I work 2 jobs as well) and go home cook dinner, clean what I can and get us all ready for bed. I don't understand how men are so tired to do anything when us women just go go go all the time! If you figure out some way to change this PLEASE let me know!!!!
    shauna9909

Answer by shauna9909 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2008