Do you care if your spouse wears or DOESN'T wear a wedding band?

I know some jobs don't really like their employees to wear jewelery, but other jobs don't mind.

My hubby and I had issues some time back. His wedding band broke on one end and he wears it with his key chain instead of his finger. With his job...he hasn't had issues wearing it during work hours and he sees his guy friends in other fields not wear their bands. It's bothered me that he chose not to wear it. Yes, now it still has a split in it, he still keeps it on his key chain, but I've offered for us to get it replaced several times hinting that I'd like him to wear his ring again. His finger is starting to look "single" again. The ring line is practically gone and after all the drama we went through...I can't tell if things are good between us or -inserting depressing thoughts-. It's a symbol to me...
but maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Do you care if your spouse wears or doesn't wear a wedding band?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 9:37 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I prefer that he does.
    laura672

Answer by laura672 at 9:38 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I think that the wedding band is a symbol of the marriage, you know, the whole timeless love thing. If my husband's broke, it would be a priority to get it repaired! It would bother me. I would definitely want my husband to wear his. He is in the trades, and he has a special no catch band that doesn't impair him in any way and I wear the same type. They are 10 carat gold too so they don't bend, very wide, and they look great!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:39 PM on May. 8, 2011

• He can cheat with or without the ring. It's not the ring that makes tha marriage, it's the people in the marriage that makes it work.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My husband doesn't wear his. We actually accidently threw it away when we moved into our house. It doesn't bother me. I know who he comes home to and I know who he loves.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:43 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yep. Because a wedding ring is a universal signal that said person is 'off limits'. So he had better wear his
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 9:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I don`t care if he does or not. I quit wearing mine about 10 years ago. I hate wearing rings and to me it isn't the rings that keep our marriage strong. It's our love, respect and trust in one another that does. We've been married 28 years now.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• We both feel that wearing it is a symbol of our commitment so we wear ours all the time. I bought my Hubby a Tungsten ring. It will not break, or scratch. He loves his. It's rounded on the edges so it's really comfortable.

Here's a link if you're wondering what I'm talking about.
    http://www.tungstenworld.com/
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:46 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I prefer that he does esp. if he wants me too. Often men get jealous and with us women its already so easy to appear taken ( kids,mini van) but they can easy still appear young and single. Out of a level of respect for our marriage I would want my husband to wear his ring just as I do, and respect the vows that go along with it.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 9:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Neither of us wear ours.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 10:04 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My husband hasn't wore his ring in about 10 years. I lost my diamond about a year ago. I just got a new ring but it was because I felt I was missing something. Doesn't bother me that he doesn't wear his.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 10:09 PM on May. 8, 2011