What age do you think is to young to have a baby?

Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, 17 or younger I guess would be answer. While being a young mom doesn't mean eing a bad mom, there are usually more odds stacked against them than older mothers.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• 17 and younger
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree younger than 17 is just too young...
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Before you're financially and emotionally stable, so it's different for everyone. When you're done with school, have a good job, and a nice house or apartment. I know people in their 40's who are too immature to raise a child.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Im just curious. Im 19 and I get alot of looks and disbelief when I tell them I cant wait to be a mother. The longing is really strong. I had a miscarriage this year and I think that just made the longing even stronger. Im getting to the point to where babies are on my mind all the time. This is going to sound super weird, but I cant wait to go through labor when I get pregnant. Im excited for it. And I cant wait to get up in the middle of the night to feed my precious baby. People tell me to wait. But I cant because its just driving me insane. I have my own house and everything!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think you should at least be out of high school before you try to have a baby. You need to give you and your baby at least that much of a start on life. That's not to say you automatically become mother material at graduation...I see a lot of failure to plan from women of all ages.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I cant say anything because i am 19 and going on my third and my sister was 17 with 2 she had her first at 14.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• being stable in every aspect work family home bills and being able to aford everthing for baby is inportant i think you should wait till after collage because you are gonna live a long time and you have lots of time to have children thats some thing i regret is not having a life after high school it is to hard to have kids young if i would have waited i could have been more prepared.....i guess i'm the grasshopper lol even at 18 is to young your body may be ready but your mind is not....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Age is just a number...like someone else said, they know 40 year olds who aren't mature enough to have a baby...and some 18 year olds I think are ready to make great parents....

But I believe that ideally, she should have graduated high school at the very minimum...Mom needs to be able to support her child and without a degree, chances are she will have trouble.

That being said, if a teenager gets pregnant I don't think she should terminate the pregnancy...but that is a whole other discussion! =)
    RCook

Answer by RCook at 8:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Well I was 18 when I got pregnant with my son, unexpectedly. He was a birth control and condom baby. Was I ready to be a mother at that age? No, but did I learn how to be? Yes. I firmly believe that God gave him to me because it was the only way to stop me on my self destructive path to death. I was a drug addict and going nowhere. Mentally and financially I was unprepared, but that was my wake up call. I now have an almost 10 yr old and my second on the way. Sometimes your age is only a number, but I'd agree that for most waiting until your out of college and can truly support your child is good, but nothing wrong with being a young mother. I know quite a few and some of those are the bes mothers I've seen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2008