Should I write my ex-boyfriend and tell him that I still have feelings for him, although it can't go anywhere?

I havn't talked to my ex-boyfriend in years, but recently he's been on my mind. I am married to the love of my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Why stir up trouble for yourself and him? What about your hubby? How would he feel about it? Why put suspicions in his head if he was to hear you talking to your ex? I don't understand how you can even think about it if you're married to the "love of your life?"
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 9:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would just to say hello, I would tell him that he has been on your mind, and that you just wanted to say hi and see how he was doing? thats my opinion anyways.
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 9:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I don't think it is a good idea. I think it's natural to think about old boyfriends, wonder what they are up to, how their lives turned out, even what it would have been like to be with them. But...how would you feel if your husband wrote to an old girlfriend? Hurt? Betrayed? Confused? The rule of thumb in marriage should be "never do anything that you wouldn't want your spouse to do." I doubt you'd want your spouse to write to his old girlfriend. I think your feelings are normal though. I think about my old boyfriends sometimes too....even google their names once in awhile if I'm bored. Old boyfriends always have a special place in our hearts--but they need to stay in the past where they belong.

ShammyShell

Answer by ShammyShell at 9:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Nope because he's an ex
    and an ex is an ex for a reason so if you know nothing can come of it y bring up the past
    insanemomof4

Answer by insanemomof4 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My ex sent me an email once and it was really confusing. I didn't know if I should respond or not. I wouldn't want my husband communitacating with an ex. All around its best not to open closed doors.
    Teacher_Momma

Answer by Teacher_Momma at 9:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• NO.
    Anonymous

• no. don't do it -
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• nope
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• If your hubby did the same with an old girlfriend how would you feel, respond, or trust him anymore??? If you say you are happy with where you are at in life then act that way and give your husband enough respect he deserves and not do anything to get hold of this ex, besides if he is your ex there is a reason for it, Right???
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 10:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• its hard to make the right choice for yourself. I wish you the best because I think about my ex and then I get stuck in the past even though I can't move forward. Don't get stuck where I am and let it go. Good luck... In whatever choice you make...
    Anonymous