Cairo??

Has anyone ever traveled to Cairo/Egypt???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Travel

• (...cont.) purchase antinal. Start taking it right away because no matter wat you eat or drink or how careful you are you'll probably get sick so just start taking that (it's what the doctors will prescribe anyways and its over the counter). I could possibly tell you something more if you want to send me a private message but you'd have to be a little more specific about where you are going in Egypt, how long you'll be there and what you want to see.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 2:19 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No, I would love to go. But not now.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:57 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yes. I lived there for about 3 months. Do you have some specific questions about Cairo?
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 9:59 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yes, Thank you.
    The tour agency just called us and cancel on us. We already have the plane tickets. Should we embark to our destination without a tour guide. I should mention that is our first time traveling there. Also we don't know anybody there . How much will the taxi cost us once we are there? I know the currency is pounds...right???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on May. 8, 2011

• You don't necessarily need a tour guide especially if your just going to be at the tourist sites. Often there are tour guides that hang around at the sites themselves who are willing to show you around. Currency is Egyptian Pounds (not the same rate as Brittish pounds or any other pound). I always exchange my money somewhere other than a bank because you can get a better deal but if your not that fluent in Arabic or with someone who is it's probably best to stick with the bank. Taxi costs will depend on where your going. They will probably try to charge you two to three times what they normally charge so bargain and never pay before you get where your supposed to go. Also never give money before you have your product in hand and always watch them wrap whatever yoou buy because they will often try to switch a poorer quality one when your not looking. First stop you make when you get there go to a pharmacy and (cont...)
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 2:15 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Personally, I would want to wait to go to Cairo on my own. If the tour agency is cancelling, they may be having problems finding safe, reliable guides or other issues.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:35 PM on May. 9, 2011