I used to think I was pragmatic.....

What is wrong with the women on this site? People talk about beating their children, abandoning their children, and having more kids when their primary concern seems to be about affording the one(s) they currently have. What ever happened to unconditional love and devotion as the foundation of parenting?

blueberry1

Asked by blueberry1 at 10:09 PM on May. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dunno, but I feel the same way you do about it lately. I can't believe some of the posts I've read about mothers and their parenting. I often wish there was a special red button to hit to forward to a CPS worker to investigate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:23 PM on May. 8, 2011

• It all comes down to a lack of education, a lack of parenting skills, a lack of their parents' educations....and having kids too young. I am shocked at the horrible parenting that people describe here. They TELL US! The things they do should make them ashamed, and yet they tell us all about it and don't think it is so bad? Its scary.
    I always thought that getting pregnant as a teen would be the most horrible thing that could happen. I would have to jump off a cliff! LOL. SO I just didn't have sex. But these Moms have kids by a few different men, are not married, have no income, hate their families and don't want their kids . OMG> ANd some say the smoked pot when pregnant and around their kids? Holy cow. Just disgusting.And that is just one example. There are MANY MANY more. Sad.....
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:49 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i am confused by our post....are you starting a thing where spanking is beating, and abandoning s parents who go out? And me an DH having 5 kds is a bad thing? I am not trying to lash out at you, but your post seemed odd, when did someone come on here and say " I am beating the crap out of my child" or " I am gonna leave my kid alone for 5 hours , wanted you to know"... I mean, what you are saying is simply perception of what YOU read! For instance many think We shouldnt have another baby, b/c we have 5 kids and live off 1 military income.... BUT allot of those people live a much more lavish life,I have a very nice home, and my kids have the best bu i am not scared of a yard sale! You get my point? it is all a matter of perception..... you judging doesn't make you any better... i don't agree with allot either, but I also don't  know the WHOLE story!

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• and minnesotanice, as a teen mother of 5 kids ( only one from another relationship) I was married to him too, and got divorced, and married DH had 4 more kids, he works 24/7 as a soldier and me as a SAHM, but you could have a misconception of me, if you misunderstood my post/answer..... sad that so many feel the need to look down on others!

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

• JoLee - I do not look down on you if you are treating your children well and supporting them on your own.
    blueberry1

Comment by blueberry1 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on May. 10, 2011