If your bigger will you show sooner? can you work out while pregnant?

sydney1026

Asked by sydney1026 at 10:14 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, if u r skinny u will show sooner. Yes u can exercise.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:15 PM on May. 8, 2011

• No I don't think you will show sooner if you are bigger. and yeas you can work out while pregnant but don't do heavy jumping. Yoga would be best.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 10:16 PM on May. 8, 2011

• most of the time bigger women might not show at all or they may only show later on
    Anonymous

• yes not yeas
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 10:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• It takes longer when ur bigger but walking and swimming are the 2 best things u can do while pregnant.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:18 PM on May. 8, 2011

• not necessarily.. it could go either way.. and no if you are skinny you don't always show sooner either. talk to your ob/gyn about exercise, they can discuss what type is safe for your body ytype and for your baby. (typically they say if you were already working out its okay to continue although you may opt to change a few routines, however if you havent been and are larger you'll want to discuss a healthy way to exerciseand eat
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:38 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Every woman is different. Some women show earlier than others, regardless of weight. Were you exercising before you got pregnant? If so, you can resume a lower intensity version of that. Otherwise, clear it with your doc before you start something new. I walked, swam, rode my bike, lifted weights, etc while I was pregnant, and I plan to run through my next pregnancy for as long as I can. That said, all of these are activities that I was doing before I got pregnant.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:40 PM on May. 8, 2011

• it's usually smaller women. and not only can you work out...you SHOULD work out. it's so important while you're pregnant
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:01 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I've always been a little on the chunky side, even when I was at my skinniest I was still a little thick. Just before I got pregnant I was 175 pound and could fit into size 11 skinny jeans. I started to show at about 5 months. My friend who is skinny as a rail, didn't start to show until 7 months, it just depends on how your body decides to carry the baby. And you should work out during pregnancy. But don't over do it.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 4:32 AM on May. 9, 2011