For the first time in my life (not a question)...

I felt severe depression instantly after being the most nervous and worried I've ever been.
It was all so clear what was happening to me. I finally in that moment understood the connection of how anxiety affects depression.
It went like this: I couldn't find this paper I really needed to finish a BIG biology project that's due in two days that I haven't finished yet. So here I am frantic. Then I stop my rapid train of though since the doorbell rang. I greet a guest at the door while trying not to act startled, anxious, jittery and out of it. Then I stop again and BOOM I felt so down.
The depression immediately hit me like my melt was heavy and melting. I thought dang, losing this paper could be the WORST thing that ever happened to me in my whole life, I'm screwed. I felt so much like a failure, I thought "I'm going to die on Tuesday in class if I have to say I couldn't finish the project."
I already have to take Klonopin as it is before these presentations. But guess what, I found the paper! Immediately I was relieved. Immediately I was not depressed anymore!
What a life lesson that was for me to see the connection so clearly between anxiety and depression. I have a heart for you ladies on here and I just had to share it and hope you learn from it. I learned that anxiety leads to depression.
I always thought that though that Depression could only lead to anxiety. (For example, I'm too depressed to get out of bed so the house piles with clothes and THEN i get anxious).
But this time I was soo worried and anxious about this project that I felt like a failure and it made me feel down. So either way, lead a balanced life ladies! And that's what I have to say about that. Comments would be cool if you have any similar stories to add :)

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 10:17 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Health

• I know the feeling and it sucks!
    Anonymous

• I have been there, it was absolutely horrible. I stayed there for about 6 months after my father passed away. The anxiety go tso bad that I could not go out at night, or have the lights out in the house. When I hit rock bottom, I was sitting on the floor in the corner of my bedroom with lights on cuddled in the fetal position, terrified. It was a horrible feeling. The good news is that there is help out there, and you can and will get through this. It does not feel like it at the time. What got me through it was my kids, knowing that I had to get up each day for them, they needed me, their mom. Reach out for help, talk to someone, get out each day, no matter what you feel like. It helps, one step at a time.

hugs

catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 11:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• im bipolar, it describes my life! just thought i'd share this epiphany i had, as I have been going through the process of cognitive behavioral therapy. im getting the sense it's not normal. anyway, thanks so much for sharing
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 11:53 PM on May. 8, 2011