Only a papaw...

Do you ever get amazed at how your father acts with your kids? My dad just randomly showed up today and said he was taking my 16 mo old dd to the park and for icecream. She's been breaking out in really bad hives and we don't know wahts causing them so I gave him her food log and told him to make sure to write down everything she eats. He brought her back two hours later hyper and sticky. Her food log read: "went to DQ ate bananna split. Went to park. Pretty sure she ate a rock and a stick. Know she ate a dirt clump: worm status unknown" I laughed so hard. Gotta love thw grandpas!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:39 PM on May. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hahah (:
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 10:41 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Cute! You are lucky he will take the kids alone that young. My FIL is single and won't do kids until they are potty trained! LOL
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:41 PM on May. 8, 2011

• That is hysterical.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Gosh that is freakin hilarious!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I loved both of my Granddaddies so much and will never get over losing them. It is great you are so open to your Dad spending such quality time with your child.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• That's cute! Yeah it does amaze me sometimes how different my dad is with my kids than he was with me and sis..... he is a lot less rigid and lets the kids get away with things he would have spanked me for doing! (and no he does not spank my kids, if they do act up with him all he has to do is raise his voice and use a very stern tone.... and they quickly start to listen and behave. They know when boppa talks like that he means business)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:43 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Awwww!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:49 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My dad would have rolled his eyes and "forgotten" the food log on his way out the door. What a blessing for you and your kids to have a good relationship with your dad.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Oh my!! How lucky you and your child are!! That is just too cute!! I would definitely keep that food log, it will be so funny to look back at one day! :)
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:12 AM on May. 9, 2011

• thats funny
    auggirl11

Answer by auggirl11 at 11:59 AM on May. 9, 2011