I'M GETTING MARRIED! (on a budget) HELP!!!

I'm getting married but we don't have a lot of money for a big fancy wedding. I do want to get married in a church. And this is my fist and (god willing) only marriage.....I can't hire a wedding planner because of such low funds..... And I am scared....I do want to get married. But I don't know anything about getting married and I'm trying to plan this myself...I have time to do it but can any of you help!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• If you have a church in mind where you want to get married you could ask the Pastor if they have a place and would allow you to have the reception at the church (my hubs and I had our wedding in a small country church, reception in the church basement). My nephew's wife is a very much into crafts, she made all her wedding invitations and they looked really cool. Her flowers and the flowers (that lined the walkway at her wedding) she bought at her local farmers marked the morning of the wedding. They also asked a friend to play the harp and sing - for the music. You don't need to spend a lot to have a great wedding. Congrats!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:57 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I planned my wedding in 6 months by myself. Everything from booking the venue and making homemade decorations which my sister kindly arrived early with my husband to set up on site. It took a lot of creativity and patience. Goodluck and congrats
    kpincince

Answer by kpincince at 11:00 PM on May. 8, 2011

• an idea for the party afterwords (cant spell it), have it like a pot luck, everyone bring something and have a sign up sheet get passed around both families so everyone wont be making or bringing all of 1 type of food.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:05 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I dont know where you live but I have a Hobby Lobby store(craft store that has flowers/home decor/fabric) near by that has a whole section of wedding decor and even premade bouquets. I saved a ton of money doing the flower arraigments myself, and I bought my wedding dress on sale at Davids bridal. For my wedding I spent a total of about $1000 that's including my wedding dress and his tux. For the food it was finger sandwiches, tamales, and different cheeses, a chocolate fountain(cost like $40 at walmart i think) that I displayed with pretzles/marshmellows/and fruit. And just serve tea instead of a variety of drinks(its cheaper to make in a large quantity).
    Just rememeber your wedding will be special no matter how small you budget is.... Good Luck ... and let me know if you need more specific ideas.
    MomDW

Answer by MomDW at 11:26 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I was 5 months pregnant when I got married and little money. We had a small wedding thrown together in a month but it turned out pretty good. Keep in mind what the church will charge for the service and the music. We had to pay for someone from the church to play the piano. We ordered the flowers late so we only got what they had there. I hated the boquet! I got my dress from David's bridal. They have $99 dress sales all the time. I ended up with a navy blue dress because thats all they had for maternity dresses since we didnt have time to order one. As for the reception, my husbands grandpa(he grew up with his grandparents) paid for a nice dinner at a restraunt. But I like the idea of a potlock. And the bridmaids/groomsmen just wore whatever they had that was nice. At leats both bridesmaids wore the same color!

Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:29 PM on May. 8, 2011

• ..im a born and raised flowershop girl. flowers are a big portion of a budget, but you can do it inexpensively. Daisies are sold by the bunch and you can buy them from a florist.. just order ahead and bring a bucket with you. They grow, naturally, with their heads 'arranged' nicely so you can use one or two stems, with a sheer ribbon tied around them a little ways below the lowest flower.. for each of the bridesmaid bouquets and use several for yours. the ribbon can be the 'color' of your dress. they make easy corsages and boutineeres too. even if you have to pay for a florist to make them, it shouldnt be more than $6 or so. the mothers and grandmothers should have a corsage. the groomsmen won't even need a boutineere if you go casual.. if it doesn't tuck, you dont need them. for the reception, use glass vases from the $1 store.. with a few (or even a single) flower in each. oh, buy a dress at a davids bridal sale for $99
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 11:38 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I planned my wedding in 3 months (while in college and taking care of kids. lol). It can be done in a short time. I made a lot of the decor--went to Michaels and other craft stores, bought stuff online (check out www.orientaltrading.com---SUPER stuff really cheap!!), etc.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• the best advice i can give is... do it your way (others opinions cant hurt but if you would rather one over the other do it your way.. its your day) dont worry aboutevery little detail (no one REALLY pays attention to anything but the bride and ceremony)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:53 AM on May. 9, 2011

• there are books and magazines on weddings plus micheals ,hobby lobby they have sections on weddings. davids bridal have nice reasonable dresses. you have options and yes talk to the pastor of the church you want to have it at you will be surprised what talents people n the church have and are willing to do for you.
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 2:12 AM on May. 9, 2011

• If you can't have a planner get a wedding planner book so it can help you with everything.Do buffet for dinner it's cheaper if you have waiters you have to pay them.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 3:02 PM on May. 9, 2011