Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want my family back!!!

My partner and I got into a fight over lies that he has been telling me for the last couple of weeks. He told me to pack my stuff and he didn't love me anymore. He called the police and I was arrested for tragic ticket. Our daughter was at his moms house and his mom was bringing her to me prior to me being arrested. He called his mom and told her he was picking up Jodie. He had the police waiting for his mom when so she was forced to give her to him. I was released from jail and I'm staying at his moms. He passed a comment to his mom stating that he was loosing his family and then he started to cry. I didn't get to see my daughter for my fist mothers day and it's heart breaking that we aren't together as a family. I text him saying Just checking on jojo.. Tell her I love and miss her and I'll see her soon. Hope y'all are doing alright. His reply was she is ok and happy and doin great. That makes mr feel like he doesn't need me anymore with anything. I asked him when I could see her and no answer back. All I want is my family back as one. I'm having so many doubts that he is just goin to take her away from me and only see her when the courts allow me too

Answer Question

Asked by N3yN3y at 11:37 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

Level 4 (53 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Maybe you should be the first one to go to the courts. Get some sort of visitation set up, so you can see your daughter. Your partner might need sometime to think things over and get some space. I'm sorry you're in this situation. Good luck.

    Answer by myree85 at 11:51 PM on May. 8, 2011

  • Thanks

    Comment by N3yN3y (original poster) at 11:55 PM on May. 8, 2011

  • I agree, especially if you aren't married, you need to have some sort of custody order in writing - even if you all work things out and get back together, there has has has to be something in writing to protect your rights. Because right now, he's the father, and you don't have a custody order, so he - legally - has the right to be the one with her, having physical custody. (He could argue that he's the dad, you were in jail and that you don't have a place to stay of your own, so he is more stable and should have her - and since you don't have a custody order, then the cops can't do anything about it.) BUT - talk to a lawyer and / or go to family court and get a custody order. At the very least, it will ensure that you get to see her and that he can't just take off with her.

    (((HUGS))) I hope things work out! The "good news" is at least she's young enough to not remember not being with you today, even if you do :-(

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:09 AM on May. 9, 2011

  • I agree with the other answers I will be praying for you and your situation be strong.

    Answer by cakes258 at 2:01 AM on May. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.