Do u get along with you SO side of the family?? or is there one that u really cant stand from his side??

i would have to say no they never bothered to get to know me and when i used to go there i just felt uncomfortable they dont make any effort to see my son and last time they seen him was christmas and they dont live far from us ...

AidensMommy-09

Asked by AidensMommy-09 at 11:49 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• My MIL is fake with me. While I appreciate that she pretends to like me for DH and DS's sakes, I wish she could just accept that my family is different from theirs. Not better or worse, just different. She seems to think she has us all figured out, when she has NO idea what's beneath the surface that we haven't told her. She seems to want to turn me into DH's ex wife, who she seems to think was a better match, but it's like, hello, they're divorced for a reason!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:51 PM on May. 8, 2011

• There is no side of the family when it comes to my dh. Grandfather is too busy with the 4th wife to be spending time with us. And Grandma is too busy working. My dh being the only son. His half brother and half sisters don't see each other.
    Anonymous

• I loved my MIL (she passed away from breast cancer years ago now) but his sister makes me nuts. She and I just don't share the same ideas, ideals, priorities, or anything else. But we know that about each other and respect the differences. Just kinda keep away from each other, which isn't hard since she lives in North Carolina and we live in Queensland, Australia. :P
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:54 PM on May. 8, 2011

• his wife
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I can't stand some of the people in my husband's family... And there are people in his family I REFUSE to go around. Then again, there are people in MY family I can't stand and refuse to go around... LOL
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 12:26 AM on May. 9, 2011

• yes we get along fine.
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 1:53 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Yep there are, I have also told them I can't stand them and don't want them around me, some are druggies, some just like to gossip and lie and tell tales, so I refuse to be a part of that, but there are also people in my family that are just the same, I don't go around them either. it is best for me and my kids to have as normal a life as possible ,so I weeded out the bad . we are much happier now.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:37 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Most of DH's family is fine, but he has one aunt who I can't STAND....she keeps spreading rumors around our tiny town that I'm anorexic or bulimic. We have a loooooong history that actually almost ended with me punching her in the mouth a few years ago. She's the town gossip, and the nosiest person I've ever met.
    GreenKnitMama

Answer by GreenKnitMama at 8:49 AM on May. 9, 2011

• There are people in his family who bother me. I just tolerate them for him because I love him and I dont invite them over as much as the people I like....thats pretty much it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:54 AM on May. 9, 2011

• yes but I feel bad saying so because I think it's just because I was raised so differently and with a different way of looking at the world. They're straight laced uptight Northeastern WASPS I was raised more liberal everything in moderation but if it doesn't hurt anyone else go for it mentality
    ShannonDee512

Answer by ShannonDee512 at 9:09 AM on May. 9, 2011