What to do when an app is locked up?

I have an Android phone, and the Ant Smasher game that came with it is frozen on the high score screen. I played it for about 10 times before this happened. I can back out of the game using the home button, but none of the other buttons do anything, and the screen won't scroll.

Thanks for any suggestions!

anng.atlanta

Asked by anng.atlanta at 12:05 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Technology

• I don't have any of those phones, I have a blackberry. But the thing that works for me is to take the battery out for a minute and then put it back in. They actually say you're supposed to do that once a week anyway while you're at home so the phone can reset itself to your home tower... or something like that.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:13 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Remove the battery. Restart the phone. Delete the app. Shut the phone off again, restart phone, re-download app.

Should work now. You didn't mention if you were running the stock home app or something else, like froyo or Laucherpro? Sometimes it can interfere. If you have any questions just send me a message.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:39 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I agree with what 4xsthetrouble said
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:20 AM on May. 9, 2011

• You can also look for this:

On my android there is an applications option under the settings icon. Click on this and choose 'manage applications'. Choose Ant Smasher and the option to force stop it.
    anng.atlanta

Comment by anng.atlanta (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2011