Pregnancy tests....

So here goes my story....

I have always had irregular periods and since my son was born I have actually had a period every month until now. I figured I had several possibilities, either I was pregnant, my cycles are wacky again, or I had some sort of cyst or somthing fun to deal with. First step was to eliminate any possibility of being pregnant. The reason I doubted this in the first place was it took me 3 years and an IUI to get pregnant with my son. So I took a test this evening and at first glance I didn't see anything ( which is what I expected) but as I picked it up and the light caught it I saw a very very faint blue line. I didn't know what to think so I ran downstairs and had my husband look at it. Sure enough he said when he tilted it to the light he saw a line too. ( I didn't tell him what to look for I just asked him what he saw) So I guess my main question after all this nonsense is does it matter how faint the line is or is a line a line? I am going to retake a test in the morning with my first morning pee to check again I am just totally shocked and wanted your all opinions. Thanks!

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 12:09 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A line is a line i say your pregnant :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:14 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Line is a line is a line. It could be an evaporation line tho... Good luck in the morning:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:15 AM on May. 9, 2011

• the tests normally tell you a line or faint line is still positive
    mommyof42011

Answer by mommyof42011 at 1:26 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Even if it's a faint line that means it's positive as long as you check it within the first few minutes of taking it. If you let a used test sit for hours you may eventually see what's called an evaporation line.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:23 AM on May. 9, 2011

• its positive even if its faint.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 4:20 AM on May. 9, 2011

• well some tests show faint lines they are called evap. lines..the best bet is to get a test that SAYS yes or no in words!!!
    leandrat

Answer by leandrat at 9:08 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Update! I took another test this morning but the line was no darker than it was last night. I already had a dr.'s appointment set for wednesday for something else so I guess I will be talking about this too! Hopefully I get good news!
    ErinT

Comment by ErinT (original poster) at 12:14 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I'll be rooting for you:) good luck!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:36 PM on May. 9, 2011