Have you ever said 'today I am going to stick to my diet'...

but than repetitivly FAIL, have you ever overcome this? or do you still do this? If you've overcame it please explain HOW

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 12:16 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• yep, I say that like every day, along with I WILL go to the gym today... I am Queen of excuses though
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:23 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I say all the time I am gonna go on a diet but then two minutes later I'm not. The thing is it does not work for me to obsess about everything I put him in my mouth all the time, even with one day a week to cheat. So what I've done is slowly in 2 weeks all of the junk food was eventually eaten up, and when i've gone to the store I've only bought yogurt and fruit and some stuff for healthy dinners. Now we don't have chips or ice cream or pizza in the house. So even though I was wanting to snack and eat bad things all weekend, I actually did pretty good because none of that was in the house, and I ate rice cakes and fresh strawberries instead. I'm sure I'll still end up buying some junk food items, but at least there are healthy foods. I don't expect to lose weight very fast this way, but if I obsess about every single little thing I'm eating and start feeling guilty, I'll go off the diet and won't lose weight anyway
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:23 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Hahaha , Yes . i think i lasted 2 weeks , then failed , after that , i was just like eff it , ha
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 12:24 AM on May. 9, 2011

• i have overcome it , then lost it , i lost 92 lbs in 9 months by sticking to atkins , then let life issues mess me up got off track and put 1/2 back on , its to be expected when my frame of mind is in the right place to care enuf about myself i stick to a decent way of looking at food , its not easy when food runs your life to distract yourself from the real issues where the pain is so bad i need that much of a distraction that food runs my life , its a life long battle , and yes i have eating disorders and will always have a problem with food and i think this is true of many females.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:26 AM on May. 9, 2011

• letstall747, how many carbs were you eating per day to lose all that weight?
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 12:29 AM on May. 9, 2011

• 20 carbs , l gallon of water a day , its not as hard as 1 might think , the 1st week is hardest , then it got easy , the water you get aust to , i ate cheese , eggs , bologna , pepperoni sticks , green peppers , celery with cream cheese in it , omelets with some of this stuff in it with ham , i ate tuna , water chestnuts , you get aust to it and your pallet changes and cravings go away , then its easy , i ate a tomato and was satisfied after 2-3 weeks , string cheese and more.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:47 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I've yo-yoed for years.....never fully committing. I'd do really well for a few weeks or even months, then get sick and not exercise because I needed to "rest"! Then one day became two then three and then I was back to being on the couch. Not this time. I've lost 30 pounds so far, with 35 more to go. I'm doing Insanity and LOVING it and loving the results.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:30 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Things like Atkins are designed to do for life. You NEED carbs, you can suffer low blood sugar and life long problems without enough carbs. 20 carbs isn't realistic which is why as soon as you stopped I lot came back. As a diabetic I need 100-120 grams a day to be healthy. And that is a realist amount of healthy carbs for everyone, to keep your bg levels stable and to give you the energy and stamina you need for the day and for your workout. Breakfast and Lunch should be roughly 25-30 grams of carbs, snacks roughly 15 grams and dinner in the 40-45 gram range. But they have to be healthy carbs: whole grain bread or pasta, brown rice, quinoa, barley, oats, bulgar, etc etc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:32 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I would suggest using a website to count your calories. Try www.myfitnesspal.com. It's really amazing to actually SEE what you're putting in your body...how many calories everything has and sodium...that's a big one. I lost all my baby weight (at highest weight before giving birth 182lbs) and I'm down to 107lbs. Now, I'm only 4'11"....so that's an okay weight for me. But counting my calories and working out regularly was all it took...and eating pretty clean also.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:35 AM on May. 10, 2011