Should a woman ask a man to marry them?

if you are in a relationship for a year or more and you both say and show your love for one another is it ok for the woman to propose?

cakes258

Asked by cakes258 at 12:16 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think I would, because I'd be afraid he'd say no. Because if a man really wants to marry you he'd ask. But, if you think he'd really say yes, then go for it. I just wouldn't know how to tell if a man is really ready for marriage and is afraid to ask, or if he's just on a totally different page than you.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:18 AM on May. 9, 2011

• It's not something I'd personally do, but I don't think there's anything wrong with other women doing it if they feel it's right. I'm just more "traditional" than that, I guess.
    BananaMuffins

Answer by BananaMuffins at 12:18 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Is it ok for a woman to wear pants? Is it ok for a woman to vote? Is it ok for a woman to make as much as a man? Yes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 9, 2011

• NO... its a mans JOB. :)
    MyMarcusJR.

Answer by MyMarcusJR. at 12:22 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it, I've heard plenty of stories about women asking their boyfriends to marry them. Personally I am more traditional and if my DH hadn't proposed I probably would still be just his girlfriend.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:28 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My hubs says ya it's ok. Go with that, it's from a man.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:28 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Nope not my style. But if its yours go right ahead.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:50 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't ask him, unless you guys have talked about it and he says he wants to marry you. But even if he says he wants to marry you, he may not be ready to pop the question to you yet. Its the mans job to ask. Let him ask you.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 4:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• If you feel the situation is right, then go for it. Just be prepared for any answer.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:43 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I would'nt because he might feel forced you want him to get on his knees ans make it special when he is ready he'll let you know you might have to beprepsred he might not marriage so really talk and think if he is for you.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 2:59 PM on May. 9, 2011