I have 3 kids under the age of 6yrs old.. And my husband is changed some much over the years now i really dont know if i still LOVE him.. Hes so mean to me hes never hit me but talks very ugly to me.. i really want to leave him but at time i feel that i cant. and my son is so atached to him... what do u all think

Yessi99

Asked by Yessi99 at 12:18 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• People change a lot in their first few years of marriage and being a parent. It has change me and my hubby a whole lot, and while we wonder if we really like the people we've changed into, we're not bailing because we still think that in the next few years it will all even out. my dad once told me that the first 10 years of his marriage was the hardest but now that they're past it, they're stronger for it. I know it's really hard to leave your husband when you have young kids unless you have lots and lots of money. My husband doesn't always talk to me very nice, but the good moments outweigh the bad, and I'm waiting to see where our marriage will go when we no longer have little kids stressing us out or money problems. (I know we will always have money problems, but little kids just seem to make it worse). So if it's not really that bad, I'd say stick it out unless it does turn abusive or intolerable. It could just be stress
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:37 AM on May. 9, 2011

• It's normal for children to be attached to their father but as your children grow up they will notice that there isn't something right about how your husband treats you and then they'll be suffering right along with you and there is also the possibility that if your children grow up seeing how you're being treated they'll believe this is how a marriage should be and treat their SO in the same manner. My sister left her DD's father because she refused to let her child growing up thinking it's okay for a man to treat someone they're suppose to love the way her ex treated her. As much as I love my DH if he ever started abusing me, emotionally or physically, I'd be gone simply because I'd never expose my children to that behavior.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:40 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I left my ex because of abuse. it started out just verbal and then turned physical. I am not saying that all men turn physical but if the abuse is there now, stop it before it gets worse. your children can believe that relationships are supposed to be like that or they can become abusers. Mothers are stronger than you think. trust your instinct and do what is best for you. the best thing for your children is having happy parents. it is best to be separated and happy. Best of luck with it.
    youngmommy220

Answer by youngmommy220 at 1:39 AM on May. 9, 2011