Long distance relationship

is it logical to believe that a long distance relationship can last for more than a year?

cakes258

Asked by cakes258 at 12:24 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't know about "logical", but it just depends on the people in the relationship. If they are okay with not seeing eachother that often but still able to stay happy, then yeah. I was in a long distance when i first met my husband and it only lasted 5 weeks before I just dropped everything to move in with him because I couldn't stand being apart from him for more than a day. But if people are independent, stay busy, and okay with the distance, it will last a lot longer. Also a very horny man will not last as long as a man who is okay going a few weeks or months without it.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:26 AM on May. 9, 2011

• It all depends on the people involved. If the commitment is strong enough than I do believe it can lost longer than a year. A long distance relationship is harder, I think if one or both people involved have issues with trust or any insecurities at all than it won't last long. Even though my DH and I live in the same house because of how often he travels for work I sometimes feel like it is more of a long distance relationship but I trust him 100% and I have family, my children, and friends to keep my mind off the lonely nights without my DH. Luckily out of the year there is only about 4 months where he seems to only be home for a weekend or two and for the rest of the year he is home every night.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I've had one with my SO for a little over 9 months, it can work it's just hard. Communication is key!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I agree with trust and insecurity issues, if either of you have them it will not work
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:38 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I posted in the other question, but this is a little different. Still have to have trust in eachother and a strong foundation before the seperation. I have been seperated from my dh by a 14 month deployment, we went 9 months without seeing eachother. the 2nd eployment was 12 months, plusmonth long trainings in different states/countries! As long as you make time for eachother ei: phone calls, texts, emails, and visits and your reltionship is strong you should be fine. You just have to trust eachother.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:44 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think that totally depends on the people involved. My husband and I were apart for a year while he finished schooling and we fought all the time. It was awful. I didn't trust him, he swore I was on drugs and drinking ( when I was pregnant of all times *eye roll*). I even went and got divorce papers at one point, sent them to him, which he threw away or something. By the way this is just my situation, I have known people to have an easier time coping with a long distance relationship.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:07 AM on May. 9, 2011