Foolish thinking

is it foolish to believe that a person will be faithful in a long distance relationship?

cakes258

Asked by cakes258 at 12:26 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• NO!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:27 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:27 AM on May. 9, 2011

• yes
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:28 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No it is not foolish. But, in order for a relationship such as that to flourish, it has to be based on a lot more than just sex. You have got to develop a loving, trusting, solid relationship.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No, but I think you have to have a strong relationship before it becomes long distance. DH is in the Army, I am going through a long distance relationship right now.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:41 AM on May. 9, 2011

• It's not foolish but probably not practical. It all depends on the people involved

Answer by admckenzie at 12:42 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No not at all. If the couple truly love each other and respect each other than it isn't that hard to go without having sex with other people. I love sex, I can't get enough of it but if for some reason my DH was gone for a long time I wouldn't cheat - I'd never disrespect him or our relationship by having sex with someone else.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:52 AM on May. 9, 2011

• no it is not , it depends on who the person is and what kind of character they have , and that goes for any relationship , it is the character of the person , I was married to a cheater and do believe this that once a cheater always a cheater ,
    MyPinkRainbow

Answer by MyPinkRainbow at 1:05 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No but there is an absolute need for trust or it will not work! If either one gets a little jealous and starts letting their mind get carried away you can forget it!!
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 1:05 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't say that it's foolish. Only you know him well enough whether you believe your relationship will last despite the distance. Some do and some don't. How long is he going to be away?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:28 AM on May. 9, 2011