Do you really want it?

if someone ask you for support and encouragement and when you try to give it they knock it down do they really want it? how long do you keep trying?

cakes258

Asked by cakes258 at 12:29 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Everyone gets one chance in my book...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:31 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• It's possible that you both are not on the same page regarding support and encouragement. Next time, ask your friend exactly what he/she wants from you and to give an example

Answer by admckenzie at 12:41 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't know the situation that you're talking about, but I know that sometimes I ask for support and they respond by trying to come up with solutions to the problem and then when I'm like that would never work they're like so why did u ask me? And I'm like I'm only looking for a "It'll be okay, it'll all work itself out." I just want a hug and a it'll be alright, and not a brainstorming for solutions. Again I don't know if that's what your situation was but that's what comes to mind. It depends on the person for whether or not you'd give up on them. If it's family, don't ever give up, ever. If it's a close friend, keep trying, just be the shoulder to lean on, not the problem solver. If it's just an aquaintance that seems like is always down on you, it might be time to give up
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:43 AM on May. 9, 2011

• as many as they are worth.
    or till they make it very clear that more you ask the more they want you to die for trying to be there for them.
    and when you close up and start to not ask if they are ok you become the bad guy..
    im a strong beliver now of theropy. if you wont take my hand then you need to take YOUR keys and WE go TALK to SOMEONE who will make you at least listen and not have people putting illusions of grander in your head of how life is.. take your ques from the people who love you and want the best for you. look at them? is that what you want to be like at that age ? no its not.. thats why i listen to you when you tell me advice.. why?? cause your already so great that i want to be like you and im older. but yet you still find flaws to kill everything around you in hopes of making you happy. while 30 other people are now sad that your only caring about yourself. your a family you care about family. thats 1s
    shymomoftheloud

Answer by shymomoftheloud at 1:12 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I guess that it would depend on the situation. I am the type of person that looks for the good in everyone and I tend to give people chance after chance. That has since changed. Once you mess up thats it, no pity. I people who dont help themselves first cant be helped at all..there is only so much a person can do.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 1:51 AM on May. 9, 2011