8 months old lips turn blue at random times

Lately I've started noticing my daughters lips turn blue. I noticed it tonight but she had just gotten out of the bath, so I figured she was just cold, but the other times she hasn't been cold. My husband has also noticed her lips turning blue. She doesn't act any different. Has anyone else had this happen with your children? I plan on calling her doctor tomorrow morning. Any information would be great.

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 12:34 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• GL!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:35 AM on May. 9, 2011

• She needs to see the docs ASAP. Thats not something to mess around with.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

• With my son part of it was his skin tone, but he also had a heart murmur. There's nothing we can do about it but it is good to know. It's good your calling the Dr tomorrow cos it could also be something serious.
    lalala09

Answer by lalala09 at 12:45 AM on May. 9, 2011

• She could not be getting enough oxygen, take her to the dr or ER asap!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:46 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Has she had any cold medicine recently?? Our daughter's lips did that a few times. She was a 23 week preemie & under the care of a cardiologist due to having a heart defect. At one of her checkups, we mentioned it to him, because we thought it might have to do with her heart defect. He asked if she had been given cold medicine around the time that it happened, which she had. He said something about it having to do with the medicine & that it was not anything to worry about. In any case, it certainly is something to inform your Dr. about.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:48 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No, she hasn't had any medicine recently...the last time I gave her cold medicine was 3-4 weeks ago
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on May. 9, 2011

• PLEASE take her to a DR and have her checked!! It would be better to take her and find out is nothing then to not take her and wake up one morning and wish that you had! This could be serious and should be dealt with right away~
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 1:16 AM on May. 9, 2011

• This is something very serious she might not be getting enough oxegen is she asthmatic? Is their a 24 hour nurse threw your insurance or doctor you can call
    mommyof42011

Answer by mommyof42011 at 1:22 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I dont think she is asthmatic but we've never had her checked for it. Yes there is, I just called the on call doctor and am waiting for a phone call back.
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Doc said that its probably just circulatory and as long as she isn't getting pale or having trouble breathing when her lips turn blue, its probably nothing to worry about.
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on May. 9, 2011