Is it wrong if i wait?

I am a 23 yr old single mother. I have fell in love with a guy in the army. Is it wrong for me to put a promise ring on my hand. I have made a promise to myself to not masterbait and to be faithful to waiting for him to come back to me in two years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Is it wrong to be faithful? No. Its not wrong to masterbate either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I don't see the significance of you putting a promise ring on your own hand. I also don't see the significance of you not masterbating. That's not cheating. That's a normal natural thing to do.
    Anonymous

• no i don't think it's wrong to wait at all that is something to admire that is awesome
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:39 AM on May. 9, 2011

• It's a nice sweet thing to do, the promise ring.
    Masurbating is not cheating so that is ok to do, unless you two have talked and don't want that, but it is perfectly healthy to do it.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:44 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No it's not wrong, it's a personal choice. I personally believe masturbating isn't cheating or that doing it means you aren't being loyal. I'd have asked your SO about promise rings but again that is a personal choice, if you want to wear a ring signifing your own pledge than that is your choice and there is nothing wrong with it.

anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:45 AM on May. 9, 2011

• DH is in the Army and I would would not be able to promise not to masterbate while he was away. He is gone for just too long. And nothing for 2 years!?!
    If that is something you want to do then fine, is he willing to make the same sacrifice or is this just something you want to do?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:49 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Be faithful , Yeah , But i dont see why you can masturbate . Its not cheating or anything . It's pleasure when you cant get it from someone ,
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 12:50 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I can understand your not wanting to masturbate. And although it can be satisfying, it can lead to wanting more which can lead to trouble if you're loved one is away. A promise ring is not necessary, although a lovely thing to do, so long as you two are committed to one another, that's what matters most. Taking a vow of complete celibacy is a huge nod to committment! :) Good Luck and I hope your soldier returns home safely!!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think promise rings are romantic. I think more people should use them instead of jumping in to getting engaged. As for the not masturbating, if he asked you not to cuz he wants u to be only his, that's romantic. but if you're feeling like ur cheating if u do then that's not right
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:51 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I'm sorry but I have to disagree that if he asked you not to pleasure yourself it's romantic, it's actually very controlling since it's your body, not his and especially since you are not even engaged let alone married. Every military wife that I know and every military man that I know, who are faithful, use masturbation as their means of staying faithful.
    Good luck to you.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:56 AM on May. 9, 2011