smoking

someone told me that smokin will decrease your change of becomen pregger. is this true? i am tryin to stop but havent compleately quit and was wondering if this is why it is takin me so long to get preggers. any ideas??? thanks for your advice

mommy033

Asked by mommy033 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, stop smoking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i dont know i smoke and have 2 kids i smoked when i was pregnant so i dont know how true it is
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Well, my mother was a heavy smoker and she had 8 kids......I was never a smoker and I got pregnant 5 times USING birth control each time......I'm thinking smoking doesn't have an effect on GETTING pregnant.....however, the other effects on your health and that of the baby and those around you should be considered.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i stoped smokin with my first one and i loved it i felt a lot healthier my husband was deployed and when he got back he was smokin and i was stressed and fell back in the bad habit i know thats not a good reason to start again its just hard. but this time i am not goin to start smokin again i really want to be done with it all
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was a smoker. It took six months to get pregnant. But I had also been on the pill for ten year prior. I think it took so long because my CM wasn't so fertile in the beginning. I had to take Evening Primrose Oil and Vit E to help---it worked and I got pregnant the next month. Anyway, I had heard that smoking can cause issues with fertile CM, but so can being on the pill for ten years, so I don't know. DH is also a smoker. Plus we both smoke pot, which is also supposed to affect TTCing. I stopped with no problems once I did get pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2008