Should I Go?

Ok so my husband is on a 2 year tour in japan unaccompanied. We are recently married and im in the states. We have talked about me going over and extending his contract a year longer so that we could be together in japan, but we also talked about me staying in the states and saving a bit of money and paying bills off. I know the sacrifices i have to make as a military wife because i have also been in the military. I am understanding about us saving money but since we are just a month into our marriage its hard because it is so brand new... Should i go or stay?

usmcwife57

Asked by usmcwife57 at 12:53 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• U knew what u were getting into. Is he violent? Does he cheat? Is he a pig? What are the details?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Make yourself a list of pros and cons. Moving far away is a pretty big deal, but being away from your new husband is also super hard. Do what you know is best for your family and good luck with making that decision!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:58 AM on May. 9, 2011

• yes i did, no he isn't any of those things, i just want to know if i should stay and we could save money or go and let them take our BAH for housing in japan...
    usmcwife57

Comment by usmcwife57 (original poster) at 1:00 AM on May. 9, 2011

• That is really up to you guys. You need to write out the pros and the cons of each. Discuss them with him and decide. Maybe you could stay home and visit once a month? It's hard I know but just keep your communication open!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:02 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I would go, because I love my husband so much, I would follow him anywhere.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:08 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I think all your answers are totally on the money. Level headed thinking is the smart way to go. Unfortunately, being married doesn't make you feel like doing the level headed or smart things! Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut and follow your heart :) Good luck to you both!
    miller060809

Answer by miller060809 at 1:16 AM on May. 9, 2011

• thats hard Im in a long distance relationship myself and its not easy so like some of the others said do a pros and con list. Also be realistic with yourself what can you handle.
    cakes258

Answer by cakes258 at 1:16 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Stay. You might wind up spending more money by going over there to live. I would stay here, get a good job and start saving!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:30 AM on May. 9, 2011

• If I were you I would go. First off, his next command could be afganistan, and you can't go with him there. If that happened you might not see him for another 2 years! 2nd, by extending his tour you he may avoid going to afganistan. 3rd, japan is awesome! Why not join him in that adventure! And 4th, the bills aren't going anywhere. You will allways have bills to pay no matter where you go. I hope that helps.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 7:14 AM on May. 9, 2011