Need some help

My DD is 2 and refuses to eat just about anything. All I can get her to eat is junk food. I talked to her dr. about it and he doesn't seem to be worried but I am, it looks like she may be loosing weight. Does anyone have any tips on getting her to eat? Thanks

youngmommy220

Asked by youngmommy220 at 1:14 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• little kids can go through periods of eating like pigs and the opposite, seeming like they're not eating much at all.

make sure what she DOES eat is caloric and really counts. try and make sure she has a little something every 2-3 hours (a whole milk yogurt, a graham cracker with peanut butter on it, etc) also is it possible that she's going thru a more active/busy phase? that can account for a little weight loss. like extra active after the winter thaw
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:17 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Maybe opt for healthier yummy food choices? Like fruits dipped or drizzled in yogurt or nutella. My kids go nuts for veggies if I put ranch dressing on them. If she likes things like chicken nuggets and fries, make your own. Get chicken breasts, cut them up in chunks, roll in crushed crackers or bread crumbs and bake them. Do the same with fries, cut them up, sprinkle with seasoning and bake. Get whole wheat bread and some cookie cutters and make peanut butter or nutella sandwiches with banana's or jam and cut them into fun shapes. There's a website I found that has yummy healthy food idea's for kids called weelicious (www.weelicious.com) check there and get some ideas. Good luck! My 5 year old has been a picky eater and I've turned crafty to get her to eat healthier =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:22 AM on May. 9, 2011

• What about that Pediasure that they advertise for meal supplements?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:29 AM on May. 9, 2011

• IS THERE ANYTHING SHE MIGHT EAT? I READ IF YOU MAKE IT LOOK MORE INTERESTING... LIKE MICKEY MOUSE PANCAKES... OR IF YOU MAKE A FUNNY FACE WITH DINNER... CUT THE PB AND J INTO A SHAPE...
    COZYBLANKIES

Answer by COZYBLANKIES at 1:58 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Thanks to all of you I am gonna try these ideas. I made pancakes this morning and cut them into heart shapes and did smiley faces out of strawberry's and she ate 3 and a half of them. I really appreciate all of the help.
    youngmommy220

Comment by youngmommy220 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on May. 9, 2011