Tooth still infected

If I call my dentist in the morning, do you think he would call in another round of antibiotics without me having to drive 50 minutes to have him look at it?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 1:23 AM on May. 9, 2011 in Health

• That varies from dentist to dentist... I'm sure they want to fix it or pull it... Sinus pills and Tylenol will help with some of the pain. Good luck!
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 1:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My first thought was - probably not but CeeCee is right, it may just depend on the dentist. I would think that they would need to make sure the infection isn't worse or spreading or such and would want to see if it would be better to pull it. But I'm not a doctor so you never know. :o) Good Luck!
    ElijahsMom211

Answer by ElijahsMom211 at 1:36 AM on May. 9, 2011

• He wants to do a root canal. Im afraid the infection will spread before I can afford it.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 1:37 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I had that happen to me and I was really sick. But they didn't know what was causing the infection and I was getting sicker and sicker. I don't think you can wait if you are that sick. Call the doc and see what he can do to work with you to get it fixed sooner rather than later.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:44 AM on May. 9, 2011

• ..i know its not ideal, but you can always have it pulled if it's down to fearing an infection before you can afford a root canal, mama. you cant risk that.. its worth a try to get some dried whole sage.. pack it down by the gum? it doesn't work for everyone.. but it literally cleared up an abscess i had once.. my whole face was swollen.. i was at the beach for a week.. woke the first morning looking like i was sucking on a softball.. do give it a try? but totally have it pulled if nothing else.. is it a molar?
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 2:00 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Yeah. It hurts pretty bad.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 2:12 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I have ground sage. Will that work?
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 2:33 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I'd get it pulled. I had one for over a month. The infection could kill you. It affected my whole life. I am so glad I got it pulled.. I have no ins. and had to drive 130 miles round trip twice. It was worth it though. They do have sliding scale dental clinics, that is where I went.
    mollgirl59

Answer by mollgirl59 at 5:14 AM on May. 9, 2011

• ..no, it had to be whole sage.. unless, maybe, its very high end top shelf ground sage. it loses its potency when its processed like that. if its a molar, have it pulled. at my dentist, it costs $80 without gas and $130 with.. but it cant be much more than that anywhere.. i dont even know you and it hurts my heart, mama. that %$@& hurts!
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 10:35 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Just have it pulled it will be cheaper than a root canal...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 12:19 PM on May. 9, 2011