Do you know the Meaning? - *Update*

I FINALLY received a message back from CM about the group in question - according to them a group can allow personal attacks ( this I knew) - however, the group MUST list this in their guidelines so that a person knows before joining that they may find themselves under attack if they join the group.

That particular group did not list anything even close to that. Yet, I don't know if that will be enough to get CM to take any action against them.

However - and fortunately so, I thought ahead enough to make a copy of the original conversation. I've sent a copy to CM, along with a link to their current conversation about this mom they are trying to lure in, and a link to our public conversation where all you brilliant women figured it out immediately and identified the group so that you would know to stay away from them (and hopefully you've warned your friends to stay away as well).

Currently they have less than a dozen members - let's hope it stays that way. I'd sure hate to know that my fellow moms would prefer to be a part of a group like that.

I would like to know if any of you have taken the time to report this group to CM? If you need or want a copy of the original conversation - PM me. If you want a copy of the email I sent to CM - PM me.

I'm actually thinking of deleting my CM account if CM does not do anything about this. I know I'm just one person, and they could care less - but like I told the adin of that group - I have never and will never be any part of a group (rather small or large) who would intentionally single out, target and lure someone into their lair so that they can ridicule and bully them - and I wouldn't want to be part of the parent group either, that would allow this kind of cyber bullying to take place.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:02 AM on May. 9, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I'm curious "what group?" but I suppose if you wanted to tell that, you would have, in the question post. I've found all the groups I'm in are supportive and if there is a debate, it's civilized and respectful. And when it's outrageous, it is intentionally so, and with the consent and blessings of the people being roasted.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:06 AM on May. 9, 2011

• what happened ??? PM me. I have a few groups too but I mess with them. ( own reasons though) thanks Sorry you went through all of this drama.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 2:09 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No, I had some girl say she had a ton of friends on CM and that they will come kick my ass for no reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I wanna know too
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 2:12 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Tons of friends...I can tell by how huge the group is...what's it got like maybe 10 members? I thought this was a site for adults. What kind of adult behaves this way?
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 7:47 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Anon, are you serious? It wasn't the group in question was it? Ladies - go here - to see my original post. There are links also to some of what these women have posted.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/832574/Do_you_know_the_meaning

ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 2:18 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Well, that's quite rude now, isn't it? That group, I mean. And I've been told *I* have no feelings, heh.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 3:18 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Shelby,When I made my original report I sent along a copy of their entire thread with it. It didn't make a difference to CM. If you would like I can send you a copy of the letter they sent me stating that the thread in question had been deleted and how If I have a problem I should report it to the forum owners...yadda yadda. I really felt like they were blowing this completely off and hadn't even bothered to look into it at all. I kept copies of everything myself . I am also considering leaving if CM doesn't do the correct thing.
    If you want I can email you what they said to me and what I said back to them.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 7:39 AM on May. 9, 2011